Chapter - 6

Akshara :

Before I could even remember, they dragged me somewhere far away from school. I never thought Harshad would tag along but he did, since he's also curious.

"Where are we going? Don't we have uh, a quiz today?" I exclaimed, slightly panicking that I might miss a quiz and it would affect Mini's grades. Well I don't know what the quiz is all about, I can take it to at least not be marked incomplete or what.

"Hahahahaa seriously Mini? You're worrying about a quiz? Since when?" Muskan and kairav cackled while giving each other a high five. Harshad just shrugged his shoulders and continued eating the taco like food in his hands. They dragged me somewhere to have a picnic with them and now they're making fun of me just because I care for the grades?

"If anyone has to worry about that quiz, it would be this nerd right here" Muskan looked at harshad who didn't even flinch. Whoa don't tell me he's a genius?

"I need it you know, for a change" Never did I think that students escaping from class are also a thing here, specifically, their thing. "Change huh, you're acting really strange" kairav squinted his eyes at me, moving it up and down as if inspecting something.

He's pushy. He might be the first one to discover who I really am if I act carelessly. I need to be careful around him.

"So, I'll be having a party tonight" muskan excitedly exclaimed. I gave a glance at her to assure that she's making it serious and yes she is.

"Cool

'I want you guys to be there"

No, I would definitely not attend that party. Who knows what party it will be and if I pushed through this situation, they might find out my real identity, that I am not Mini. For sure there's lots of people or specifically students that'll attend her party and I don't want to crack that up like hey Im Akshara and I'm trapped in this body of Mini like an idiot. That would be a big mess for sure and they might think of me as a creep, or expectedly, insane.

Wait, students will not prolly attend her party. As I've encountered earlier, some look like they have unresolved issues with this group. It does make sense, let's roll this possibility that how would they attend a party of someone who they're uncomfortable with?

"Who's gonna be there?" This is a must ask question. I might find someone who can help me with my situation.

"Nothing special, just a bunch of you know, the usual dorks? Muskan implied, her hand folded backwards and extending right towards me like she's saying that I know who those people are.

"mmkay I replied, raising both of my eyebrows in must think of a way to escape that party.

---------------------------------------------------

"Won't you come? muskan's gonna be upset with you" Harshad uttered, sitting at the chair inside Mini's room. He's dressed up, wearing what exactly party people wear.

I curled up in the bed even making him believe my made up excuse that my stomach got bad for eating much. I peeped my head outside of the blanket and shook it with a pained reaction.

Lol, I might get an oscar with this.

"You sure?" he asked again now sitting even comfortably in the chair. Ever since the sun showed up, he's been sticking around with me until now. He also feels at home here.

"Y-yeah, you can go to the party or go home" I pulled the blanket up to my head, now covering my whole body. I hope he believes my excuse, I don't want to go, it will be better if I spend my time trying to find out an answer as to why I am in this kind of place.

"Seriously Mini? You're kicking me out?" I heard footsteps walking towards my bed. It was his, heavy and slow at the same time. He stopped for a moment and in a swift move, he had her hand slid through the blanket and pulled it off me.

"What now?!" I hadn't noticed that my voice toned up leaving a shocked expression on his face. He slowly put the blanket back at me and sat at the edge of my, uh I don't know if that's actually the edge of the bed where he's sitting at. His back is facing me.

"You haven't raised your voice at me" his voice sounded like it's about to turn into a tantrum. Oh no, what did I do---

"and now you're kicking me out. We used to live together-

"WE WHAT??" terrified by what he said, I almost fell out of the bed from the force I exerted just to clarify if the thing I heard was right.

"Now you're acting, Did your head get hit countless times and you also forgot that we share the same roof?" his expression is that of someone who is upset and is suspicious simultaneously.

I was astounded, literally. So that's why he's been here since earlier and is going around like he owns the house. He even knows the code in this room. Dang, I was too distracted. I haven't even examined details like this.

I pulled the blanket back and without response, I covered it all to myself once again, trying to escape another interrogation from him and to escape the reaction on his face

I need to clarify things, he's starting to get real suspicious out there and I doubt I can make him believe my actions as Mini. He's been with her all along so maybe that's the reason why he can sense a bit of changes in the way I do.

" It slipped out of my mind" I turned my back to him and curled my knees up to my chest. This is harder than I thought. I won't make it if I keep on talking with him
I think he knows every bit from her scalp to her toes. This hitting in the head excuse won't save me any longer so I need to get out of here, asap.

But how can I do that? Where should I start? I don't even have a single idea on what is going on here so how do I expect myself to have an answer with all of these things? The best possible outcome that I can come up with right now is I'm just dreaming. These all will testify in that dream theory only if I haven't pinched myself and it wouldn't hurt but all these things around me, the people, the gadgets, the buildings and everything. They all are real.

This is making my head hurt, I better sleep---"1 wouldn't go to the party if you're not there. I'd rather stay home with you" I felt an arm wrapped around my waist as I felt him moving into a comfortable position, laying behind me.

He let herself inside the blanket from where I was hiding. His arm felt warm in my belly as he pulled me closer, tightening the hug and space between us. My body felt stiff from his sudden grab, my hand getting colder accompanied by the beating of my heart. It's like it's about to get loose.

"I miss sleeping like this, I almost forgot how you smell" she whispered behind my neck, giving a different chill in my body. He's getting closer, his body molding like how I curled myself up. He's like the bigger spoon between us.

The silence is taking over the night.. The only thing that I can hear is the sound of my heartbeat running inside my chest.

I let myself get loose from the thought of getting out in here as I felt my eyes getting heavy from the warmth of him. I don't feel any tension or awkwardness, the feeling's just unexplainable. We're both under the same blanket, under the same roof and for the first time in my life, I never felt comfortable like this.