Chapter - 22

Akshara's pov:

"It's not what you think-"

"Mr Harshad, the Director wants to talk to you"

Before I could get the answer I wanted, the manager knocked in the office to escort Harshad. He went with the manager, hesitating on what he was about to say.

"Miss Akshara, can you check these schedules out? I have my hands full today so can you fill it up for me? Thank you!" the manager exclaimed before leaving the room. I still had a lot of questions for Harshad but "sigh I almost forgot I'm here to work". Ah dang this life, everything doesn't make sense.

He was being suspicious the whole time. At first, He doesn't talk that much and when he does, it's all about work. Now he became chatty, and is mostly doing things that I'm not expecting him to do. I cant read his moves, her expressions and the ideas running in her mind. She's too mysterious and I am frustrated on how things would be tackled if not for her being escorted by the manager outside, I can't wait to hear from her.

"Akshu"

The door opened again and it was all Arjun. "About what I said earlier - -"

"Ah yes about that, did you find something?" I turned to look at him. He scrolled something on his ipad and tilted it for me to see the texts written on it.

Quantum Mechanics....

"It's a theory though but you know how quantum mechanics work right?" he asked, making sure I'm coping up with his idea. He can be right but he can be wrong too

Quantum Mechanics is all about the probability of small particles doing things like if it is pointed into a wall, it may bounce off and it may also travel through it. Unlike the paradox theory I suggested before, this theory didn't elaborate that only one occurrence will happen, rather, it can both happen at the same time. This might also be related with the big bang's theory of infinite expanse where other pieces from the crash formulated into infinite universe bubbles which states that each bubble contains an energy making it expand, some may even collide with each other and so those bubbles stated, has a universe of its own. If there are lots of bubbles out there from the tiny fragments of big bang then there might be a possibility that there are other planets that could be possibly like ours however with some altered laws of physics.

"It can be because when I woke up that very first day, the things around me are different like what I've told you too. There's this instances that it's almost hard to believe what's real anymore"

"You were also kind of different from the other day and different in the other and I know which Akshara is real akshara because if you were the other one, I think you already throwed me away." he exclaimed, letting out a laugh. Mini doesn't like him? How come? Arjun is like the sweetest guy out there, I wonder if she hates nice guys.

"Oh, should I say sorry?" I joked. This may be some serious matter but we can't just be stressed out with this the whole time. We also need a break.

"Ahh this is making me crazy but finally I'm glad you believed me"

"Of course, I was just finding the perfect timing to investigate things. I mean if you're just pretending, it was way too much for you to handle and what would you get from pretending someone you're not, right? That's when that thought entered my brain so I had to scan all the notes and everything just to extract answers for you he showed the notes from his ipad which I believed he was working on for days. Those information cant connect the dots right away so he had to search for the parts first.

"You still scare me even though I know you're Akshara. It's just random but I like the other more hahaha" he uttered making us stop for a second at what he said. "Don't tell me... no you're not" I exclaimed before he clarifies himself.

"Just kidding, want to grab a snack or what? My treat"

"A drink would be better" I suggested. Maybe it's time to ease these burdens first.

"You know what?" I asked Arjun who took another shot We're currently at a bar right now, skipping work to ease our problems. I am not a drinker and I don't even know the taste of other drinks yet I still had the guts to have a try just to forget everything for a while.

"What?"

"Have you perhaps known something about Harshad?" I had to say it out a bit louder because the music is hindering us from hearing normally. Only a few people are in the bar since it's still in the middle of the afternoon. It's better, no one can eavesdrop.

"Harshad? Mr Harshad? I don't know. I just thought that he's a workaholic one, I don't even know if he has the time to enjoy because of his schedules and such -"

"No, not that one. You don't know anything about him personally?" I took my seventh shot of tequila and asked him again. At the same time I'm fascinated with his presence, he is also intriguing to me. I don't have a single clue on why he's doing all those things for me except that I am his subordinate. We don't have much of a connection for him to be doing those life saving things.

"Oh that, you know I've been hearing rumors about him and Ms Sawant. They said that they are togethe---"

"That's not gonna happen Arjun" Harshad stood behind him, wearing a hoodie and a mask to cover his identity. I know it's him even just by seeing his silhouette. He is  looking like he flew all the way here. "Mr Harshad" Arjun turned to look at him and with troubled eyes, he set his gaze at me.

"What are the both of you doing here? You're supposed to be at the office right now. It's still working hours. Who told you to -"

"What are you doing here Harshad?" I know it's wrong to skip work and I don't have the right to ask the one I'm working for on what he is doing in a place like this. Everything doesn't seem so right this time and I am already having it. The alcohol's effect is making me have enough courage to ask these kind of questions.

Arjun looked at me as if he's telling me to stop but I don't want to. I still need to hear everything from him because he looks like he has the solutions to this chaos I'm experiencing, I need him to answer my questions and all because I'm about to lose my mind.

"Fetching you" he answered as he held my wrist and motioned me to stand up from the seat.

What?