Chapter - 7

Akshara :

krinnggg"

*kriiiinnngggggggg

asfghjkll ugh, I'm still sleepy.

"Krriiiii ----

I reached for the alarm clock in the bedside table with my eyes still closed and turned it off before I sent it flying in the room. It's still early but the alarm keeps on ringing rapidly.

Wait,

alarm?

Did the alarm clock just ring?

I have an alarm clock at home so basically

I am home???

I took the blanket off of me and scanned the room. It is the same as how I noticed when I went back from work, my things are all in their places, the books, the table and my closet.

I blinked my eyes countless times to prove that what I am seeing is exactly the same thing

Huh?

So all of the friendly Harshad thing, the house, the school and Mini were only just a dream? I knew it would be! How silly of me, thinking that it was all real. Tsk tsk isk, that was maybe the result of tiredness, hallucinating things.

I got out of bed to grab my phone on the table. It has a notification coming from Mom.

From:Mom

Sweetie, we're going to visit your grandma in her home. We will be staying for at least a month there, arranging some paperwork with your Dad. Your brother is off to England for his studies, you know that. Sorry we didn't have time to tell you this, hope you won't feel lonely here. I'll call you when we arrive, Love you.

Oh, they already took their trips again. This is not new though, I've been staying alone in this house for quite some time. Whenever they come, they'll just stay for about a week and will go on again with their trips. I completely understand them, they're making it all for this family.

I put my phone back to the table and decided to get dressed for work. That dream was so random, it just felt so real. Ahh nevermind, the important thing is, I'm awake and will get going for work.

I held the handle of my closet and pulled it open.

Holy cow-

My entire closet is a mess! The dresses are scattered on the base and the folded clothes are all crumpled. Everything inside looks so messy that it almost looks like someone went through it.

I checked the other things in the drawers but none of them seem to be transferred into another place. It's placed exactly where I left it. I checked for my shoes, bags and my purse at the other side of the drawer, it is still in there.

I stood up and checked my personal board where I noticed something off.

The route map to work I used to read when I was a newbie is missing...

After preparing things, I hurried my way to our agency, thirteen minutes left and I'll be completely late. Lots of things are stressing me out but I won't mind setting it aside, work comes first.

It was weird, my clothes were disarranged and nothing went Missing except for that map. I searched everything and it all seems fine. My family doesn't usually go to my room without my permission and to think that they're on a trip means that somebody else did it.

But if the intention is to rob, then why are the important things still there? I can cross out the robbing thing, but nothing comes to mind about what had happened. I don't have a pet except for Bruno which will probably be the reason behind it but he's with my parents... This is fishy.

I went inside the elevator on the ground floor to go to our office on the 5th floor. The elevator opened revealing busy persons walking here and there.

After I stepped out of it, everyone on the floor stood in a halt, looking in my direction. The look in their faces screams like they're afraid of something but... their eyes are fixated on me. Others started murmuring as I passed by them, some even looked worried.

Deja vu

Seems like what happened with my dream where Mini's influence in school occurs here in the office. The last time I remembered I went along with Harshad for his schedules, nothing else and nothing more controversial so why are they looking at me like I committed a crime?

"She's scary"

"I thought she was an angel but gracious! I was shocked with what she did"

"I feel sorry for her"

The people are still gossiping behind my back as if I can't hear it. I don't know if they are pertaining to me because I haven't done some awful things in this office. All I ever did was organize the schedules, talk to other employees, check up on Harshad and accompany him to the sets.

Maybe they're meant for someone else.

Till the time I reach the door of our office, their eyes are still looking at me but whenever I look at them, they seem to get back to what they were originally doing before gossiping. Weird.

"Akshu" I heard a familiar voice from my back. I removed my hand from the knob to check who it was.

"Yes?" I smiled at Arjun, carrying his camera with him. He gave a uhm, a forced smile back, his feet are fidgeting and he can't look directly in my eyes.

What's wrong with everyone? They've been acting weird since I got out of that elevator.

"You're s-smiling" he stuttered, his face looking worried, different from the usual Arjun that I know.

"Yeah I am, why?" His face shifted from a worried look to a confused one. He turned back for a moment, his hand harshly grabbing his hair.

"Don't you remember anything?" he gasped out of frustration.

What? Why? What happened??

I am puzzled with what he's trying to point out. Why does everything seem to be questionable right after I wake up? don't have any clue. Is there something wrong?

"Why -- I don't understand. What are you trying to say? When I went in here everyone was staring at me too. Y'all are getting weird, can you explain it?" Seriously I think I've got nothing to do about what he's trying to imply. Like the others, he also looks as if he's accusing me of something, I can see it in his face and the way he shows his frustration. It's getting me all bothered.

"You're kidding me" I stood straight so he could have a clearer view of my face, whether I'm bluffing or not. He sighed heavily and brushed his hands on his face.

"Listen Akshi",you acted strangely yesterday. You know, you were not the same when you went exactly right outside of that elevator. The way you walk changed, your face- - your expression to be precise and your stares. It was different Akshu, different! I can't explain this right but your aura yesterday looks like you're about to hunt for your prey but now you look charming all glowing like nothing had happened! he exclaimed while gritting his teeth. His eyes were wide open as he explained the things that I was unconscious about.

Yesterday?? What?!

"What are you talking about? We just talked yesterday at the office of Ms Sawant remember? Are you playing with me?"my voice started to turn up, trying to make him remember our encounter yesterday. I swear if he's just playing around-

"Oh no Akshu, that was the day before yesterday" he replied.

Chills went all over my body giving me goosebumps. I can't process the things that he just said. No, it can't be... My heart is beating fast, forbidding my mind to come up with thoughts about everything

W-what have I done?