19 You Want To Pursue Me?

"I...,"

I opened my mouth, feeling somewhat flustered as I looked at him. At Louis's slightly disappointed gaze, I slowly shook my head.

After helping that boy, a portion of my memory inexplicably went missing. The only thing I remembered was that when I woke up again, I was already in a hospital near the campsite.

Who saved me?

I recall my mother sitting by the bedside, her eyes red and filled with tears. She held my hand tightly, her eyes shimmering with tears. She told me that both of us, a significant figure and I, were found in the forest, severely injured. Fortunately, due to timely medical treatment, neither of us was in mortal danger.

That hunting event eventually turned into an investigation.

I weakly lay on the hospital bed, dazedly listening to my mother as she spoke. It seemed that the king was furious.

Many werewolves were banished or even executed, while a she-wolf who saved us was honored by the royal family for her bravery and kindness, receiving the highest honors.

As for me, because of my recklessness and impulsiveness, all I received was a scolding from my father.

My mother intervened, preventing him from punishing me. Worriedly, she asked how I got injured and why I almost died in that forest.

But I had no recollection and I didn't know how to answer her.

Due to the severity of the injuries, it took me a month before I could barely get out of bed and walk. And there is a scar near my left rib. I was told by the doctor that a sharp object was just one centimeter away from piercing my heart.

Now the injuries have healed. But since then, I can no longer go to the beach with my friends wearing a bikini.

I snapped out of my reminiscence and stared at Prince Louis with a strange gaze.

"Are you the blond boy who got injured in the forest?"

"Yes,"

He touched my hair and said, "You know, Claire, when I first saw you in the hospital, I had a strange feeling. Unfortunately, there were too many people around me at that time, and I couldn't get out of bed."

He sighed softly, "If it had been you who saved me, then I wouldn't have... been with her..."

He didn't finish his sentence.

The clouds floating outside the car window cast a shadow on his stern face, making him resemble a silent statue.

His posture suddenly touched me.

I could empathize with him. We both encountered a terrible person and went through a relationship that we'd rather forget. We were both being hurt, abandoned, betrayed, and trampled. These feelings have nothing to do with any status or position.

The one who gives the most in a relationship will always be the loser.

I made an effort to maintain my expression and calm tone. Regarding the memories that Prince Louis mentioned, I still retained some impressions. "Why do you say that? Is it because the she-wolf who saved you later became your fated mate?"

Prince Louis nodded silently.

I didn't know how to continue the conversation at that moment.

When I woke up in the hospital that day, I completely failed to notice that blond boy. Instead, it was a girl standing by my bedside who left a deep impression on me.

My mom said the girl saved me and the boy.

Her gaze toward me... was very strange.

It carried a hint of panic, mixed with a few degrees of fear and indescribable darkness. Someone who performed such a great feat should have been absolutely selfless and kind-hearted. However, I couldn't see any of these shining qualities in her.

Especially when my mother thanked her and held onto me, I always had the feeling that she breathed a sigh of relief.

After dealing with my mother and me in a casual tone in the hospital corridor, she quickly lost interest in us.

She stepped in a graceful posture, lifted her skirt, and ran back into the ward. Then she sat by the bedside, cupping her cheeks with both hands, gazing affectionately at the blond boy lying in bed.

I saw her deliberately open the bouquets brought by others to the ward and put them in a vase at the bedside. She even lightly kissed the forehead of the sleeping boy in front of me. To be honest, I was a little bewildered and didn't understand why she turned back to look at me after doing such things.

But now, I seem to understand.

Perhaps from that moment, she had already decided to be with Prince Louis.

However, she encountered a better choice later.

I sympathetically patted Prince Louis's hand back. "It's okay, you will definitely meet someone better."

However, Prince Louis's reaction completely caught me off guard.

He immediately reached out and grabbed my wrist, lowering his head to kiss my fingertips while I had a stiff expression.

He rarely used this frivolous and teasing tone. In his slightly ambiguous and sweet voice, there was a faint smile. "Thank you for your blessing. I think I have already found her. Would you bless us, Claire?"

I stared at him in silence.

...Could shamelessness be one of the required courses in the royal family?

But obviously, this was just a joke. Prince Louis raised his eyes, returned to his normal expression, and smiled at me. "Just like I told you earlier, the black nightgown you mentioned belongs to my sister-in-law. "

His tone became somewhat low, and his gaze became complex as he said, "Because of what happened during that hunting event, I held unconditional gratitude and trust for her, just like my wolf."

"I even suspected that it was the reason she became my mate. But now I understand, that's not true love."

He emphasized each word, saying, "Women like her, who only see power and status, are not worthy of being my mate."

When a Lycan emits his Alpha aura, that feeling almost made me shudder in the car.

But Prince Louis quickly noticed my pale complexion, and he immediately retracted his aura, lowering his voice as he spoke to me, "But you're different from her, Claire. The moment that made my heart race the most was when you stood alone in the banquet hall, bravely challenging your father."

Prince Louis stared at me intently, his affectionate gaze making me involuntarily hold my breath. "It may sound strange, but Claire, please give me a chance to love you."

"I swear I won't hurt you like that man did. I will cherish you, protect you, and do everything I can to give you a complete and happy family. Because that's what I desire as well."

"If you still have doubts about my sincerity, that's okay. Just give me a chance. Just one chance is enough, and I will prove it through my actions."

I stared at him dumbfounded.

After a long while, I finally found my voice.

It trembled slightly, sounding weak, almost unlike a voice I could produce: "Your Highness, are you saying all this because... you want to pursue me?"