11 A Woman Like A Rose

I didn't leave the bedroom during the whole night.

After finishing dinner, I went to bed early. I thought I would have trouble sleeping. But unexpectedly, I slept very well in the comfortable bed. When I opened my eyes again, it was exactly 9 o'clock in the morning.

I had actually slept for a full twelve hours!

Currently, I am still a student at university. It was Sunday today, so there were no classes. So I shamelessly laid in bed for a while before sluggishly changing clothes and getting up to freshen up.

The feeling of exhaustion had completely disappeared. I stood by the window, feeling the refreshing morning breeze, took a deep breath, and felt a surplus of energy coursing through me.

As I left the bedroom, I was surprised to find that the prince hadn't returned all night.

What could have happened?

I observed the butler's expression from the corner of my eye. He was the person in the villa whom I trusted most. But his expression remained as calm as ever, as if nothing had happened.

So I tentatively asked him about the whereabouts of Prince Louis. Unfortunately, he regretfully informed me that he didn't know about it either. He only knew that the prince had gone to deal with some urgent matters about the company.

Secrecy regarding the itinerary of royal family members was normal, but the butler seemed apologetic for his uncertain response. When I went down to the dining room to have breakfast, he approached me and asked if I needed the driver's assistance because he thought I might need to go home to pack some things.

And indeed, that was my plan.

I cleared my throat, "I need to go home this afternoon. Please arrange a driver for me if possible."

"As you wish," he smiled, "What time will you be coming back? I will prepare dinner based on your and His Highness' arrival time."

I looked into Alfred's eyes. He seemed very certain that I would return to this mansion and, under his arrangement, have dinner with the prince. This feeling was so...like being with family.

I don't know why, but suddenly I felt a little embarrassed. I stuttered in my response, "I'm not too sure either, maybe around 5 o'clock?"

"I see."

He walked away and this greatly relieved me. I have to admit that Alfred's presence would put pressure on me, which even surpassed that of Prince Louis. Perhaps that's the aura unique to a veteran butler?

I casually finished breakfast. However, during that time, I also noticed that the servants in the mansion occasionally cast curious glances at me as they passed by. But they were all well-trained werewolves, so those glances didn't make me feel offended.

After finishing breakfast, I suddenly realized something. Before going back to my pack, I had a whole morning to enjoy.

After a moment of contemplation, I decided to visit the mansion, just as he had suggested.

I was genuinely curious about this place. Yesterday, when he was introducing me to the mansion, he didn't show me every room. And I noticed that some of the bedrooms had never been occupied, while others were probably guest rooms.

The prince had mentioned that he didn't have many friends. So I speculated that only his close friends would be invited here.

I decided to start visiting from the ground floor.

Each bedroom here was unique, and the only common factor was the expensive furniture and art pieces inside. The person who decorated this place must have frequently attended art exhibitions and had a deep understanding of those artworks. Out of curiosity, I used my phone to check the auction price of one of the paintings.