6 The Prince Is Here

I roared at Joe, consumed by anger.

At this point, I finally understood Mrs. Smith's concerns were not unfounded. I had indeed paid a heavy price for my naivety, an overwhelming price.

"Listen to me, Claire..." Joe attempted to justify himself. He probably had never seen me in such a state before, as I had always been the gentle and composed perfect girlfriend in his presence. I coldly stared at his mouth moving, but not a single word registered in my ears.

The man I had once loved now made me sick!

I heard my wolf wailing and weeping within. Betrayed by the person I loved most, deceived by my own family, and discarded like a disposable child by my own biological father... Three consecutive blows left her in such agony and she felt like she was dying.

Tears blurred my vision, and I realized I must look disheveled at this moment. But I no longer cared about any of that.

At that very moment, my only thought was revenge.

I swore to the moon goddess that I would make them feel this pain too!

Grabbing a champagne glass within reach, I splashed it at those despicable individuals.

"Rot in hell!" I cursed, "Shameless fraudsters, I'll see you in court!"

It felt as if I had been split into two halves. One half of me struggled in agony, while the other half coldly observed my boyfriend—now ex-boyfriend—and his true mate, Cathy, screaming together.

"Claire Gambino! You crazy woman!"

My sister was drenched in champagne, her carefully done makeup smudged into a mess. Fair enough, I smirked. She destroyed my relationship, and now her proposal ceremony has turned into a disaster.

Cathy seemed to have lost her mind to anger. She fiercely called out my name, ignoring Joe's attempts to stop her, charging at me like crazy.

What was once a sweet proposal ceremony turned into a battlefield. The surrounding werewolves stared in shock, their eyes wide open. Many of them hadn't even had time to process what was happening before Cathy and I started fighting.

She snarled, revealing her sharp fingernails. Amidst the pushing and shoving, many exquisite tableware items shattered on the floor. Shouts echoed throughout the banquet hall. Suddenly, I heard the sound of fabric tearing—

My $6,000 gown, ruined by her fingernails!

My anger surged once again. Clearly, Cathy had done it intentionally. She still held a grudge over what happened in that upscale shop that day.

A pitiful woman who could only survive by comparing herself to others!

I stood there with one bare foot on the cold carpet, leaning against the table. I clutched a hand over my chest to keep it from slipping. Even so, my clothes had been torn, my entire back was exposed, and my bra was partially visible. However, I hadn't allowed Cathy to gain any advantage from me. In fact, she looked even more miserable than I did.

My dear sister, not only drenched in champagne but with bloody wounds all over her arms, a bruise forming around her left eye. Her entire face was visibly swollen.

I didn't need anyone's sympathy as I stood alone, one foot on the floor, next to the dining table. Because I was the victor of this confrontation.

Now, this incompetent loser could only cling to Joe, seeking solace and crying to our father.

I stood there, holding my head high, looking at them with a contemptuous gaze as they comforted each other.

"You truly disappoint me!"