Accusations and Invitations // Chapter 16

** In The Hospital Wing **

Nicole had stirred in the small, uncomfortable medical bed the whole night before she awoke. She remembered how mad Harry was at her and how the rest of her friends looked at her when they found out her allusive mother was Bellatrix Lestrange. She heard that some of the other students in the Hospital Wing had woken up as well, so she decided to see who was talking. It was Magnolia.

Magnolia crawled her way over to her boyfriend's bed early that morning and laid her cat- shaped body on his chest. When she felt his hand start to rub her tail, she got up and sat in the chair next to him.

"How are you feeling?" Magnolia questioned.

"I'm fine Maggie, I wish you would stop worrying about me and worry about yourself. Malfoy got you pretty good."

Neville brushed Magnolia's bangs out of her face to reveal a large pink scar on the right side of her cheek. He traced his thumb over it until she politely took his hand and held it in hers.

"I know this must be hard for you seeing Bellatrix, but I want you to know that you were very brave."

"Thank you, Mags, I just don't understand why Nicole didn't tell anyone."

As soon as he mentioned her name, Nicole walked over to where the two had been talking. Neville looked her up and down and turned his face away to look at Magnolia. Nicole took this as a sign to go check on the rest of her friends. She ended up walking to Harry's bed first and to her surprise, he was already awake too.

"Harry, oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were um already awake." Nicole sputtered.

"Tell me Nicole, or should I say Nicollette, were you actually my friend or were you just another one of Voldemort's henchmen? Were you just led here to spy on me, because things have been strange ever since you came to Hogwarts?! I can't believe you didn't tell anyone! How could you? And Magnolia! Did you know too?"

"Me? I just knew her mom was an abusive bitch; she didn't feel comfortable with telling me so I didn't make her and none of you should judge her for doing it. The only person in this room who has the right to be mad at Niki is Neville, so if we're done having Harry's pity party, we should ask Neville how he feels about the situation." Magnolia stated confidently.

"Well, I'm obviously upset but Nicole is not her mother. We all saw Bellatrix try to Crucio her and she was open to all of us from the beginning about her mother being abusive." Neville said, making sure to make eye contact with Harry.

"Yeah Harry, I'm with Neville and Mags on this one, Niki literally saved Sirius from death and you think she's a spy. That is just not rational." Hermione chimed in.

Nicole's scars had started to flare up at the noise of the fight and knowing it was about her.

"Who do you think gave her those scars for Merlin's sake?!" Magnolia asked Harry.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry Nicole. I didn't mean to implode on you. I just have a hard time when I feel betrayed. As long as Neville is okay with it then I am." Harry said, trying to diffuse the situation.

"Oy! Will you all shut it! I'm trying to get my beauty sleep!" Ron finally added to the conversation.

"Everyone can tell you need it, Ron." Nicole rolled her eyes.

With this comment, everyone giggled and had an unsaid agreement that the fight was over. Luna leaned up in her cot and got out a copy of the Quibbler from her bag.

"You better not let Umbridge see that," Ron stated.

"We shouldn't have to worry about her anymore after what happened at the Ministry." Luna said, not looking up from the magazine.

"STUDENTS! I TOLD YOU TO GET SOME REST NOW GO BACK TO SLEEP AND BE QUIET!" Madam Pomfrey stormed through the large dark doors.

** In The Gryffindor Girls Dorm **

Hermoine was putting her books into her suitcase while Nicole practiced her Wingardium Leviosa spell on some potions. Magnolia was finishing up putting her cat- cards into her bag when all of a sudden there was a loud peck on their window.

"Antonette?" Nicole queried.

"It must be from Frederick..." Magnolia said, reaching to unlock the latch on the window.

The bird flew into the dorm room and placed a letter with a green seal on the end of Nicole's bed. She then quickly turned around and flew back outside.

"This should be fun." Nicole said uneasy.

She tore open the seal and pulled the letter out. It was indeed from her father, who must have gotten wind of the news by now. She carefully unfolded the paper and began to read aloud.

"Nicole, I have unfortunately seen the Newspaper articles about the situation at the Ministry of Magic. I fear that I will be unable to collect Magnolia and yourself this summer due to some urgent business at Ilvermorny. However, to make sure that you are under a safe and watchful eye, the Malfoys have agreed to take you two girls in again. I hope you will do as you're told, especially in these trying times. I am disappointed to see that you were present for the battle. I am assuming that you had an encounter with your mother, and for that I am sorry, but I hope this teaches you a lesson on doing what you are told. I will be sure to meet you at the train station at the beginning of the new school year. If you step foot out of line, I will be alerted by Lucius. Best wishes to you and Magnolia this summer,

Frederick."

"Damn, why does that man have to be so serious yet so stylish?" Magnolia said, putting her crystals into their respective cases.

The trio of witches had finally finished packing their things and headed down the stairs to the openly busy common room. While coming down the last step, Nicole's bag hung onto the railing, forcing her to trip. Luckily there was someone at the bottom waiting on her.

"Oy Blondie, watch your step next time." George said, grinning about the situation. He had caught her in the nick of time and was now holding her in his arms.

"Whatever Weasley, good aim, I guess. Now will you let me go? I'm already in a bad mood."

"What's wrong Nicole?" Ginny queried, hitting her brother in the arm.

"I just got a letter from my father saying we have to stay with the Malfoy's this summer. We cannot stay with that god awful family again. Lucius literally hurt Magnolia but my father seems to not give a damn about that." Nicole explained, getting heated all over again.

"She seems to forget that Malfoy also held her at wand- point." Magnolia added.

"You are dimwitted aren't you Americans." Fred joked.

"What are you talking about Tweedle Dumb?" Asked Nicole, annoyed.

"You can obviously stay with us this summer." George said, answering the girl's question.

"That's very nice of you guys but Fredrick said that Lucius already knows we're coming and if we disobey him, he will know." Magnolia added.

"You forget we are legal wizards now Maggie, we can jink you so that he can't know your location." Fred claimed.

"Do you really want us there for a whole summer?" Nicole questioned the group of red- heads.

"Are you actually asking that question? Of course you can stay with us," said Ron.

The girls decided they liked this answer, and they would trust the twin's new legal magic. The group of friends all walked out of the common room and down to the Great Hall to get back onto the boats. They were then pulled in Thestral- drawn carriages back to the Hogwarts Express where they got into a compartment and awaited the long journey home.

"Sit with me Blondie, I know you must have missed riding in a vehicle with me." George Weasley stated, reaching out to grab Nicole's scarred hand.