Untold Sacrifices // Chapter 11 PT2

"Crazy thought, but is he Imperio'd?" Nicole asked, holding Cedric up.

"Who would do such a thing?" Harry turned.

"The same person who would put your name in the Goblet, Harry." Cedric choked out.

Harry ran over to help Cedric back up all the while Krum started to search for his wand in the thick grass. The ground around the students started to shake and the wall of shrubbery behind Krum opened to reveal the Triwizard Cup. The group expected Krum to take off towards the cup,as he was the closest, but instead, he scooped up his wand and ran towards the group. He shot off the Crutiatous curse at Cedric, but Nicole pushed him out of the way, being hit with the curse herself. She expected the same feeling she used to feel as a child. Her blood boiling, her bones cracking but instead, she just felt numb. Her legs turned to jelly ,and she dropped to her knees, but Cedric tried to pick up.

"Go get to the cup and get out of here!" Nicole pleaded, struggling to hold herself up.

"What! We can't just leave you here!" Harry shouted trying to pull her up.

"I guess you can say my mother always trained me for this moment," Nicole said letting out a deranged laugh, "I'll take care of him. Just go!"

Cedric and Harry nodded at eachother and spirited towards the cup while Nicole kept Krum distracted. Right when the boys touched the cup she watched as they were sucked up into the air. Realizing they were safe she gripped her wand and managed all of her strength into her arm.

"IMMOBULUS!" screamed Nicole watching as Krum's body froze up and fell forward.

She was free from the Cruciatus curse and gave herself a moment to catch her breath. She walked over to the frozen Krum and snatched up his wand securing it in her belt.

"So the cup was a portkey. Convenient, "Nicole rolled her eyes," Alright buddy we gotta find our way out of here. Levicorpus"

Krum's immobilized body floated up to her wand and she began walking the way she came from hoping to find an exit. What Nicole failed to remember is the path she started on had closed up behind her. In frustration, she grabbed at her necklace and fidgeted with it. The wand charm on her necklace then began to float out of her hand and pointed her in a direction.

"No shit! The necklace is connected to Mag's therefore it'll lead us out of here. Alrighty Krum, we got some walking to do."

Nicole finally made her way out of the maze with Krum floating behind her and when she finally reached the entrance she was confused. There was no celebration of Harry and Cedric's victory which she expected. In fact, the stands seemed unmoving until they spotted her. Before she could call out for Harry and Cedric. Dumbledore and Igor Karkarof, the Durmstrang headmaster, ran over to her.

"What on Earth do you think you are doing with Krum!" Karkarof shouted.

"He had to be subdued. He was using the Cruciatos curse. I think he was Imperio'd" Nicole tried to explain letting the boy fall to the ground.

"Mmh what's happening" Krum mumbled.

"Krum, explain yourself. What happened in there?" Karkarof yelled, shaking the boy.

"I don't know! I don't even remember going into the maze!" Krum pleaded with his headmaster.

"Professor, where are Harry and Cedric?" Nicole asked, looking up at Dumbledore.

"Still in the maze, I suppose," he said nonchalantly.

"That's not possible. I saw them both touch the cup. It was a portkey of course, but I assumed it would bring them here." Nicole said, confused.