Untold Ride // Chapter 1

"Are you sure we're headed to the right place, Niki?" Magnolia questioned her friend as they looked aimlessly around them for their unique platform.

"Is it even possible to have ¾'s of a platform?" Nicole retorts.

As the two continued to look bewildered, a large group of ginger people scurried past them. The girls noticed their strange luggage and decided to follow them on a whim.

"What makes you think they aren't non-magis?"

"Who else would be traveling with an owl and a shopping cart full of luggage? Plus only the kids seem to have luggage."

"I guess that makes sense but if we get kidnapped it's definitely your fault," stated Magnolia.

Nicole nervously laughed off the comment as they continued to follow the family through the station. When the family finally slowed down, the girls approached the older woman who was yelling commands at her many children.

"Excuse me ma'-"

"DON'T YOU DARE BREAK THAT WAN- Oh hello dearies, please excuse my boys, they seem to have left their minds at home this morning," she says while glancing at our luggage. "Oh do you two need help getting to the train?"

"You wouldn't happen to know about a platform called 9 ¾ would you?" asked Nicole.

"Well, you don't have to look any further!" she says while pointing to a brick wall.

"Are you sure?" wondered Magnolia with suspicion.

"My boy Ron looks about your age, I'll have him help you in. RONALD WEASLEY!"

The girls suddenly jumped at her loud command while a sheepish red-headed boy shuffled towards them pushing a large shopping cart filled with tarnished luggage trunks adorned with the Hogwarts crest and miscellaneous quidditch stickers. He glances toward his mother who pointed him in the girl's direction.

"I'm Ron, as you probably could have guessed, this is my family. We're the Weasleys. No offense, but you two don't look like first years." the boy said as he looked at our dark blue Ilvermorny uniforms.

"We're visiting from the States, your mom said you could help us find the train?"

"Yeah just follow me," he says, running full force at the brick wall.

"OH MY GOD N- oh, it's a spelled wall. Duh," said Magnolia.

"You heard him, come on!" yelled Nicole running after Ron into the platform.

The pair find themselves staring at a giant red steam train with the words, "Hogwarts Express," painted on the side. While scanning the platform for Ron, they notice other students running around and see Ron with two other students. Ron catches their eyes and calls the girls over. As the girls approach, they notice another girl with curly hair similar to NIcole's and a boy with circular glasses whisper yelling at Ron.

"who are they- Oh hello, my name is Hermione Granger, I see you've already met Ronald and this is our friend Harry." says the curly-haired girl.

"I'm Nicole Reynolds and this is Magnolia Watt. We're from-"

Suddenly, the train blows steam and all at once the students start to make their way onto the train.

"Just follow us, we can chat more once we find a seat and get some sweets," Ron calls out while starting after the train.

"Don't mind him, you can follow me." Hermione offers a hand and leads the girls on the train.

As the group boards the train, they walk down the rows seeing individual carts. Students had already filled up most of the carts while they were trying to catch up to Ron. While studying the students on the train, Nicole spots a boy with similar platinum hair as hers but continues hoping no one notices her shaken demeanor. The girls finally find Ron and Harry in a cart and join them after putting their luggage in the overhead storage bins.

"So you were saying where you were from?" questioned Harry with a peculiar look.

"Yeah we're actually from the States but I think you're asking what school we go to which would be Ilvermorny." Magnolia chimed in.

Hermione chirped up, "I've heard of that school, it's the American School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! They have houses just like Hogwarts!"

"So what house are you two in back at home?" Ron asked.

"I'm a Horned Serpent and Mags is a Thunderbird," Nicole informed the group.

"Does that make you like a Slytherin?" Harry says wearily.

"Horned Serpents favor scholars and my house, the Thunderbird favors adventurers,"

"Lucky! All my siblings are in the same house as I am. It must be nice for two sisters to not share a house." Ron joked.

"Well technically, I'm an orphan but Nicole's dad took me in after our first year, so we aren't actually related at all," Magnolia put bluntly.

"So you two are just close friends and happened to come to Hogwarts together?" asked Harry.

"Are you two transferring to Hogwarts?" questioned Hermione.

"I'm not sure we can speak on why we're here, but it will all make sense after your sorting ceremony," replied Nicole.

" Is it true you're not allowed to have wands outside of school until you turn seventeen?" Hermione eagerly asked, excited to learn more about the other schools.

"Well we aren't allowed a wand but that doesn't necessarily mean we can't do magic," Nicole says as she flicks her thumb and a small flame appears over the tip of her finger.

"HOLY SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT??" Ron exclaimed, causing the cart next to us to look over in confusion.

"Ronald! Mind your manners! Have you never heard of wandless magic?" Hermione laughs.

"I've definitely heard of it, I've just never actually seen it in person."

As the group continued to get to know each other, a woman pushing a trolley cart knocked on the door and asked if they wanted any sweets. The girls stared at the cart, not recognizing any of the colorful candy in front of them. Ron, noticing their confusion, starts to hand them his favorites. The girls start digging for galleons when Harry offers to pay as a welcome gift. The group enjoyed their treats and the trio enjoyed laughing at the girls' reactions to the chocolate frog jumping on the window as it reminded Harry of his first time on the Hogwarts Express. The girls wonder to themselves if the boy in front of them who nicely paid for their sweets, was the boy they were sent to befriend.