Clubs and Cards // Chapter 12

**Breakfast In the Great Hall**

"Where the hell are the blueberry muffins?" Nicole groaned while looking up and down the table.

"Maybe the House Elves stopped making them to spite you," Fred joked.

"That's not funny Fred," Hermione glared.

"It's a little funny, Mione." Harry laughed.

"Whatever," Nicole whined, "Ron can you pass me a biscuit."

"You mean a scone?" Ron questioned sarcastically.

"Oh, just shut up and hand her the damn thing." Magnolia giggled.

The group laughed over breakfast before being interrupted by the horrid sound of Professor Umbridge taking to the podium in front of the school. Everyone outside of the Slytherin table groaned as they waited to hear what the High Inquisitor had to say. To everyone's surprise, she was carrying a stack of magazines.

"Attention students!" she began, "As you might be aware the popular magazine named the Quibbler has been banned from school premises. While the rule is quite clear, this stack is just some of the many Mr. Filch and I have confiscated. To aid with disciplinary actions Hogwarts will have a new club named the Inquisitorial Squad. If anyone would like to sign up please come to my office. As of now the only club that should be in session is the Inquisitorial Squad. If any unauthorized clubs are found, they will be disbanded and face harsh punishment. You now may resume breakfast!"

"Blimey. You know the only ones who will sign up are the Slytherins," Harry scoffed.

"Goody! Mini Umbitches walking the halls," Nicole squealed, rolling her eyes.

"On that lovely note. I'm off to my favorite class!" Magnolia cheered.

"Herbology?" Neville perked up.

"Close darling, but Divination!" Magnolia announced, "See ya!"

"Are you ready for Potions Niki?" Hermione asked.

"Mmmhmm," Nicole mumbled with a full mouth.

"Someone found the muffins," Ron cackled before receiving a smack on the head, "Alright, alright Potions it is."

The Gryffindors said their goodbyes to their favorite Hufflepuff and split off to their respective classes. The potions lesson consisted of a pop quiz over lethal poisons to everyone's chagrin. Hermione and Nicole received the highest marks on the test. Hermione beat Nicole by only 2 points. Harry joked that Ron must've cheated off him on the quiz, but was met with a scowl from Snape.

Magnolia was having a much better time than her lion counterparts. In Divination they were reading tarot cards. Magnolia brought her own deck of cards because she preferred all the cards to have cute pictures of cats on them. Everyone struggled to decipher the meaning of each card, but it came as second nature to Magnolia. When asked about it by her classmate Hannah Bones, she simply said the cards just felt right for each person. Magnolia thought it would be fun to pull a card for each of her friends while walking out of class.

"Let's see. Harry gets... the Hanged Man. Dark." Magnolia hummed to herself, "Neville ... The Star! Cute! Mione... The High Priestess, duh. Niki ... The Tower? That isn't amazing, but oh well. Ron ... The Fool! So true!  Oh, I should do Frederick! The Devil? That can't be right. Let me try again- wait, why is everyone running to the courtyard?"

Magnolia finally looked up from her cards to see students running towards the courtyard. She sensed something wasn't right so she chose to follow after everyone. She looked through the tightly packed crowd and spotted Nicole's platinum hair shining near the front. Realizing phishing through everyone would be impossible she ducked around a corner and transformed into her cat. Darting around everyone's feet was difficult, but she managed to find herself standing underneath her friend.