Prologue

The day all of Ilvermornie's students have been anticipating has finally come. The Triwizard Qualifying Exam. The halls were bristling with exciting and nervous students all cramming in last-minute notes. Strangely, two particular students were nowhere to be found. Nicole Reynolds and Magnolia Watt were hiding ... in a closet? What are they up to?

"I've held onto this damn potion for two years, don't tell me you are second-guessing this now?" Nicole sighed.

"What if I'm caught, "Magnolia whispered, "if they find out not only would we not be able to qualify. We might be expelled!"

"No one can trace liquid luck after consumption, just don't be too obvious."

"Fine just hand me the bottle.'

Magnolia downs the entire vial of liquid luck. She then lets out a sigh of relief which quickly shifts to concern. "How many calories were in that?"

"Mags, sometimes I wonder how you score so high in divination," Nicole says as she grabs Magnolia's arm and they scurry out of the closet unseen.

The pair join the rest of the hustle and bustle on the way to their designated testing areas. The two wish each other good luck as they split into their respective house. Nicole to the Horned Serpent room. The walls reach as far as the eye can see adorned with large ornate bookcases, filled with endless knowledgeable textbooks and classic novels. Magnolia ambles over to the Thunderbird class. The room is lit by floating candles with different nations' flags hanging under them. At the sight of the warm candles Magnolia relaxes and finds her seat. As students quiet down headmaster, Lambkins can be heard booming across the school.

"As you know the Ministry of Magic has graciously invited Ilvermorny to take part in the Triwizarding Tournament hosted by Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We have decided to hold an exam to find the top two highest-scoring pupils to get a chance to be chosen as a Triwizard Champion. This exam is reflective of the tournament's harsh nature and the intellect needed to complete the challenges. May you all put your best foot forward and rise above to bring this school honor. Best of luck your exam starts now."

With that, the exams materialize in front of the eager students who all wish to be the school-chosen champion.

**One Boring Test Later**

The student body floods out of their rooms, and a mixture of confidence and disappointment can be felt in the school air. Nicole finds Magnolia in the crowd and the two head to the herbology wing.

"Holy shit, holy shit. I think I did amazing. Like I was like wham and wha bam, but like on a test," Magnolia squealed with joy.

"Girl I could've used some help on the divination portion. I know damn well you didn't need any luck for that," Nicole laughs.

As the pair pass by the herbology wing restroom, they hear an annoying fleet of familiar voices gaggling over the test.

"I can't believe you actually pulled that off Jess!" shrieked a young witch.

"What, like it was hard? I'm already packing bags for Hogwarts," Jess mocked.

"Wait but wouldn't daddy's little princess ruin all your fun?"

"Nicole? I'm not worried. Once she leaves daddy's side she won't be the center of attention anymore."

The two overheard this conversation and stopped in their tracks. Magnolia tries to continue to walk to the herbology door, but Nicole rushes to the bathroom hoping for a fight.

"Girls! I have been hoping I'd see you after the exam." the herbology professor booms after leaving his room. He quickly scoops up the two girls in a hug and ushers them into the greenhouse. Professor Reynolds quickly closes the door behind the girls and guides them to his offices where they can talk privately.