Chapter #15

Alexia and Harry poured over their homework, comparing notes before handing their assignments to Professor Binns. Alexia steals a glance at Hermione, sitting in the next row next to Ron. Alexia smiles, watching Hermione shake Ron to make him pay attention. 

"Hey, Harry," Alexia began tentatively, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled between them. "I know I was against it before, but... I've been thinking, and maybe we should consider Hermione's idea about teaching DADA."

Harry looked up from his parchment, his brow furrowed in confusion. "But yesterday, you were dead set against it," he pointed out, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Alexia smirks, leaning in closer to Harry as if sharing a secret. "Well, you see," she began, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "Hermione can be very persuasive."

Harry's eyes widened in realization, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Oh," he said, his cheeks turning a deeper shade of red. "Oh... I see."

Alexia chuckled at Harry's reaction, nudging him playfully with her elbow. "Come on, mate, this can be fun... I actually had fun teaching the kids Quidditch so I assume teaching DADA can be just as fun... Besides," Alexia smirks again, signalling slightly at a certain Ravenclaw sitting in front of the class, "... Think about it, Harry—impressing Cho with your impressive DADA skills? You'll be irresistible!"

Harry chuckled at her enthusiasm, a warmth spreading through him at the thought of making a difference and perhaps even winning Cho's admiration in the process. "Alright, Alexia," he said, a hint of determination in his voice. "Let's do it. Let's teach Defense Against the Dark Arts."

Alexia couldn't contain her excitement as Harry agreed to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts with her. With a burst of enthusiasm, she let out a resounding "YES!" that echoed through the classroom, drawing the attention of every student, including the ghostly presence of Professor Binns.

The ghostly professor floated over to Alexia, his translucent form hovering before her with a surprised expression. "Well, well, Miss Jackson," he intoned in his monotone voice, "such enthusiasm for the subject is indeed rare to see." Despite his lack of expression, there was a hint of approval in his tone.

Alexia beamed at the unexpected praise, her cheeks flushing with excitement. "Thank you, Professor Binns! You know I'm all about Goblin's Rebellion" she exclaimed, feeling a sense of pride at the acknowledgement.

Professor Binns nodded, his form wavering slightly. "Gryffindor House shall be awarded five points for your enthusiastic endorsement of the class," he announced, before floating back to his usual spot at the front of the classroom.

Harry and Alexia exchanged delighted grins, their laughter bubbling up as they realized the impact of Alexia's outburst.

---///---

The crisp winter air enveloped Alexia and Hermione as they walked along the snowy path toward Hogsmeade, the snow crunching softly beneath their boots with each step. Alexia had her arm draped casually around Hermione's shoulder, a playful smirk dancing on her lips as she glanced ahead at Harry and Ron, who were engrossed in conversation.

With a cocky tone, Alexia nudged Hermione gently, teasing, "Am I the best girlfriend in the world or what? I got Harry to teach this club of yours, baby."

Hermione rolled her eyes affectionately, a fond smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "It's more than just a club, Alex," she replied, her tone laced with amusement. She leaned into Alexia's side, revelling in the warmth of their shared closeness as they made their way through the snow-covered landscape.