Chapter #11

"Come on, Alex," Hermione turned to Alexia with a mischievous grin. She urged, her voice filled with encouragement. "You'll love it once you're in."

Hermione had led Alexia into the luxurious Prefects' Bathroom, her eyes sparkling with excitement. The room was adorned with intricate tile work and shimmering mirrors, and at the centre of it all was the sunken tub that resembled a small swimming pool. Bath taps encircled the pool, promising a relaxing and indulgent bathing experience.

Alexia bit her lip nervously, her fear of water gnawing at her. Despite Hermione's reassurances, the idea of submerging herself in the pool still filled her with unease.

"I don't know, Hermione," Alexia hesitated, her gaze fixed on the shimmering water below. "What if I drown or something?"

Hermione chuckled softly, shaking her head at Alexia's melodramatic concerns. "You won't drown, I promise," she assured her, gently taking Alexia's hand in hers. "I'll be right here with you the whole time."

"It's just... I'm not really a fan of water."

Alexia and Hermione leaned in for a tender kiss, the peaceful moment was abruptly shattered by the sound of the bathroom door opening. Their hearts sank as they turned to see Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson entering the room, their expressions a mixture of surprise and disbelief.

For a brief moment, silence hung heavy in the air as Draco and Pansy took in the sight before them. Then, realization dawned on their faces, followed by smirks of satisfaction.

"Well, well, well," Draco drawled, his voice dripping with malice. "What do we have here?"

Pansy's eyes gleamed with malicious delight as she surveyed the scene before her. "It seems the Gryffindor Princess and her little Mudblood sidekick have been keeping secrets," she taunted, her voice laced with venom.

Hermione and Alexia exchanged a panicked glance, their minds racing with thoughts of the repercussions of their relationship being exposed. They had worked so hard to keep it hidden, fearing the judgment and scorn of their peers, especially those like Draco and Pansy who revelled in causing trouble.

Pansy snickered nastily, casting a disdainful glance at Hermione. "I always knew you were low, Jackson, but I never thought you'd stoop this low," she jeered, her tone filled with superiority.

Hermione felt her cheeks burn with anger and humiliation at the derogatory words, but she refused to let them see her weakness. 

Draco's lip curled into a cruel smile as he remembered something, a gleam of triumph in his eyes. "I think Gryffindor deserves to lose a few points, this is the Prefects' bathroom, and I don't see a badge on you Jackson," he declared, his voice dripping with malice.

Emily's eyes blazed with righteous fury as she strode into the room, her gaze fixed firmly on Draco and Pansy. With a fierce resolve, she stepped forward, positioning herself between Hermione, Alexia, and their assailants.

"Malfoy, Parkinson," Emily began, her voice laced with authority as she addressed them. " I can assure you that Hermione and Alexia have every right to be here. Prefects are allowed to bring their friends to the Prefects' Bathroom."

Draco's sneer deepened as he addressed Alexia, his voice laced with contempt. "I'm pretty sure you don't need to be defended by one of your pets, Jackson."

The words hit Alexia like a slap to the face, igniting a fierce anger within her. Her fists clenched at her sides, nails digging into her palms as she struggled to contain the boiling fury threatening to overflow.

"Listen here, Malfoy," Alexia retorted, her tone sharp and biting. "You might think you're better than everyone else, but you're nothing more than a spoiled brat who hides behind his family name."