Dreaded Dinner

Valyrian=bold
Season 1 episode 8

Valyrian=boldSeason 1 episode 8

Maenya POV

It was awkward, so very awkward and tensions were still high seeming as the decision on the matter of Driftmark is still undecided

Rhaenyra and I were sat next to one another, with only one space between us, that would belong to our father.

Daemon was sat opposite me, Harwin opposite Rhaenyra.
On my right was Alicent, then Otto, then Aegon and Helaena

Next to Daemon, on his left was Rhaena, then Vaemor then Laella, then Helaera, sitting next to Aemond, who was at the and of the table.

Next to Harwin, on his right there was Luke and Baela and opposite Baela, next to Rhaenyra there was Jace.

Very awkward Indeed.

When Viserys was carried in, everyone stood to show him respect.
When he was sat everyone else follows suit.

"How good it is... to see you all tonight...together..."

"A prayer before we begin?" Alicent asks and Viserys croaks out a yes

I, nor my children are big followers of the faith of the seven and Daemon certainly isn't, though I wasn't going to be disrespectful.
My children copied by actions as I put my hands together, I had to kick Daemon in the shin for him to roll his eyes and begrudgingly put his hangs together, though he did it with little effort

"May the mother smile down on the gathering with love. May the smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, we pray he heals from his wounds and may the gods give him the strength to carry on."

Harwin and Rhaenyra rolled their eyes

Viserys started talking again "This is an occasion for celebration. It seems...My Grandsons Jace and Vaemor will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena..."
Vaemor and Rhaena smile at each other and then to me and Daemon.
These past years I had looked after Rhaena like a daughter, it pleased me to see her happy.
"...a toast to the princes and their betrothed...now if there are not any other things of note-"

"Actually I have an announcement, well, more of a proposal to offer"
I interrupted my father before he could say we should start the feast, I looked to Alicent, next to me
"Your Grace, I propose that we marry my daughter Helaera to your son Aemond, uniting our families"

Helaera smiled and looked to Aemond as a smirk grew on his face, only looking to her like she were the only person in the room