Lord of the tides

Valyrian=bold
Season 1 episode 8

Valyrian=boldSeason 1 episode 8

Maenya POV

Those last six years were kind to me

Daemon and I went back to Dorne where I remained regent.

Baela, who was particularly close with Rhaenyra's boys and who could clearly hold a grudge didn't want to go with us and so she stayed with her grandmother and grandfather, of whom had been on rocky terms with Rhaenyra since Laenor's murder.

Rhaena on the other hand not been as resentful, she was still not happy with Aemond for taking Vhagar but I asked my children and her to make peace and she excepted and so did Vaemor and the girls. In fact Vaemor and Rhaena had began increasingly close over the years.

Speaking of Vaemor, his lessons of being the ruler of Dorne have been going very well, so much I am sure my that my smart, levelheaded boy will become a great ruler.

Naemala trained hard, becoming incredibly skilled with a dagger and sword, after Qoren died it took her a while to pick up a blade again, until Daemon. I had told him of their morning training sessions and so on one of those days when she was depressed over her father, Daemon dragged her out of bed and put a blade in her hand. Now she is back to her old self and it's her and Daemon training in the mornings now.

Helaera, my delicate flower, was kind and compassionate as ever. Constantly expressing the want to fall in love with a handsome knight and dance until she can't feel her feet.

Laella, always a mummy's girl, never really left my side.
If she wasn't accidentally knocking over really expensive antiques or punching the odd Dornish boy in the face who dared whisper a slight slander about me , then she was by my side.
She took the longest to warm up to Daemon, she used to scowl at him ever he spoke to me or throw peas at him across the dinner table after a few months though, her guard lowered and she could see that Daemon truly meant no harm to us, only protection.

Daemon and I have been amazing, that hole of loneliness that me being sent to Dorne without anyone had left in me was gone.
I woke up in his arms and fell asleep to his kisses.
It was heaven.
We even had children of our own and quite a lot of them.

Daenya was our first child, she was beautiful and kind. So very kind.
Sometimes I wonder how something so sweet came from Daemon and i.
She wasn't as gentle as Helaera but they were similar, they'd spent a lot of time together. Daenya's dragon was the ethereal Zeldin, a light turquoise dragon with red at the tips of its scales and red eyes.

Aerea on the other hand was a rascal, she was a complete and utter wild card, cheeky as well. Aerea seeing rules as something to break, often times though her antics come at harmless prices's.
She just a little girl who likes a bit of adventure. It never worried me, not with her monstrous looking dragon to protect her. Maevnare, Aerea's dragon, was pitch black with so many horns that when she was a baby she couldn't lift her own head up, she had eye so black and big that you couldn't see the pupil. Just pure black voids.