The funeral and the succession

Bold=Valyrian
Season 1 episode 1:

Maenya POVThe waves crashed against the hard surfaces of the rocks in the cliff side

Maenya POV
The waves crashed against the hard surfaces of the rocks in the cliff side. The funeral for my mother being hold at the top of it.
Syrax stood atop a hill, waiting for Rhaenyra to say the order.

Hers and baby Baelon's body were wrapped in cloth.
My father stood next me, Rhaenyra on his other side.

I hated him.
He murdered her, he killed and for what? The babe died too.
It's all his fault and I hate him.

Daemon, who was standing behind me, slipped his hand into mine, in comfort.

I spoke in a croaky voice, sore and raw from weeping "Rhae, they're waiting for you."
She stepped forward

I turned my head slightly to Daemon and whispered
"I wonder if during those few hours my brother lived, my father finally found the happiness he long so dearly for"

"Your father needs you, more now than he ever has"

"No uncle, my father wanted an heir...and I will never be enough, I will never be a son"

Rhaenyra opened her mouth before she stopped at look at father and I.
She turned back around and gathered strength and then

"Dracarys!"

Syrax's flames engulfed my mother and brothers body.

I looked away.

Small Council Meeting

"I consider the matter urgent" Otto said

"What matter?" Viserys asked

"That of your succession, these recent tragedies have left you without an obvious heir"

Corlys interrupted
"The king has an heir, my lord hand"

Otto continued
"Despite how difficult this time is, Your grace, I feel it's important to have the succession family in place for the stability of the realm"

"The succession is already set by Precedent and by law, shall we say his name? Daemon Targaryen."
Corlys said firmly

Mellos chimed in
"If Daemon were to remain the uncontested air, it could stabilise the realm"

"The realm?" Corlys asked "or this council?"

"Mo one who could know what Daemon would do where he King, but no one can doubt his ambition. Look at what he did with the gold cloaks. The city watch is fiercely loyal to him. An army 2000 strong."

"An army, you have him, Otto."
Viserys says
"I named Daemon master of laws but you said he was a tyrant. As master of coin you said he was a spendthrift that would beggar the realm. Putting Daemon in common of the city watch was your solution!"

"A half-measure, your grace. The truth is Daemon should be far away from this court."

"Daemon is my brother. My blood. And he will have his place at my court."

Mellos chimes in again.
"Let him keep his place at court, your grace. But if the gods should visit some further tragedy on you, either by design or accident-"

"Design?" Viserys seethed
"What are you saying? My brother would murder me? Take my crown?! Are you?!" He huffs "please, Daemon had ambition, yes but not for the throne, he lacks the patience for it"

Otto talks again,
"The gods have yet to make a man who lacks the patience for absolute power, your grace"

"Under such circumstances, it would not be an aberration for the king to name a successor" Mellos adds

"Well, who else would have a claim"
Lord strong asks

"The kings firstborn child. Maenya." Otto says confidently