Chapter 21 - Bike Ride

Kabir and Aarohi came outside the hotel to see a bike at the entrance. Kabir went upto the bike and started it. 

"Whose bike is this?"

"Mine.. It was at my Dadi's house, I asked my friend to drop it here..." Kabir replied putting on the helmet.

"Where are we going? What's the condition? Tell me at least something Kabir...." Aarohi pestered.

"Tum kitne sawal karti ho yaar? (You ask so many question)" Kabir whined and the next second asked, "Do you trust me?". The question put Aarohi off gaurd.

"Sorry, but I don't trust you"

Kabir pulled her close by her waist freezing her to the spot, "Really? You really don't trust me?"

Aarohi didn't know what to say, she did trust him but the fact they were dangerously close was making her short of words. She tried to calm her erratic heartbeat and replied, "Kya pata tum mujhe kisi pahad se khudne ke liye kaho apni condition fulfil karne, I can't take risk. (Who knows you might ask me to jump from a hill to fulfil your condition). She was trying her best to not make eye contact.

Kabir got conscious realising he was holding her waist and removed his hand. "It's good that you don't trust me!! Also nice idea, will definitely think of implementing it.." he said with a smirk.

"Usse pehle main tumhara murder na kardu. (Before that I will murder you)" Aarohi said raising an eyebrow.

"Murder baad mein karna, philhal bike pe baito (Kill me afterwards, right now sit on the bike)". Aarohi sat behind him. Cool winds swept her face slightly messing her hair. "It's been ages since I had been on a bike... I love it more than long drives in car.." Aarohi excitedly stated, placing her hand on his shoulder. He adjusted the mirror to get a glimpse of her. She was all smiling enjoying the cool winds on her face and Kabir couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.  

They reached a dabba (restaurant). It was a small yet beautiful place. "Let's Go" he said holding her hand.

"Kese ho Manoj Kaka? Ghar pe sab kese hai? (How are you Manoj Kaka? How are your family?)" Kabir asked the a man in his 50s.

"You know Aarohi, Manoj Kaka is the owner of this dabba and a very good friend of my Dadaji... I used come here often as a kid... This place's panipuri and chole bhature are world famous.." Kabir excited stated like a kid.

All through this Aarohi was looking at him with a surprised look. Kabir caught her staring, "Why do always stare at me Aarohi, you make conscious.."

Aarohi - "This was the condition? To have a dinner with you?

"Yes!" he replied plainly

Aarohi facepalmed herself, "My goodness!! So what was the need to give so much build up... You could've have simply asked me.. What's the point of putting condition?"

Kabir - "Actually I had vaguely told about condition... didn't seriously mean anything.. but when you asked I thought we should do something... I had wanted to come to this place, so thought of coming with you"

He continued, "Agar pehle hi bata deta toh tumhe parishan karne ka mauka kese milta (If i had revealed it earlier, I wouldn't have gotten the chance to annoy you.... Also, if I would've asked, you would have obviously rejected the idea.. so thought of bringing you without revealing.."

Aarohi - "And why do you think I would reject the idea... it's a beautiful place..."

Kabir gave a surprised look, "Coz, I guessed Goenka heiress would probably not like to dine at a small dabba.."

"Singing sensation, the Kabir Raghuvanshi is also here...so why can't I" Aarohi said. "Wese bhi I love this Dabba, reminded me of my childhood... I used to go with my Bade Papa and Badi Ma to a dabba where they used to go during their college days... If you have come to Udaipur, I will show you!"

"That's great! During my college days, I used to bring Aisha here, but she never liked this place..." he giggled and the next second realisation dawned upon him. He had taken her name. All the memories of their past and her betrayal played in his head. 

Aarohi - "Aisha? Your girlfriend?" 

"Ex girlfriend" he corrected not looking at her. "I am sorry... I shouldn't have mentioned her..."

Aarohi -"Why are you being sorry... I am not your real girlfriend to get offended by it..."

"Agar real girlfriend hoti toh kya bura manti? (If you were my real girlfriend, would you get offended?) he asked intently.

Aarohi - "No.. even then I wouldn't mind... Tumne toh sirf apne ex girlfriend ka naam liya, mere ex fiancé toh shaadi mein khud tapak gaye (You just took your ex girlfriend's name, my ex fiancé himself came at the wedding... these things are not in our control... aur wese bhi kisi mahan insaan ne mujhe kaha (someone once told me), that I deserve true love and I will find someone who madly, irrevocably loves me... Same thing applies to you as well, Kabir... I am sure you will also find you true love, someone way better than Aisha..."

Kabir smiled in response but she sensed it wasn't genuine.."Let's play a game!" she said to change his mind. "I challenge you in Panipuri eating competition..." she said.

Kabir raised an eyebrow, "Yesterday you watched RNBJ film?"

"You can accept your defeat if you want... I can understand, it's difficult to win against me..." she confidently stated.

"Challenge accepted... Manoj Kaka lao panipuris..." Kabir said. Aarohi purposefully lost but Kabir guessed it, "You purposefully lost na? cheater.."

Aarohi - "Haww!! No! Why will I purposefully lose? Ab mujhe kya pata ki tum bakasur ke rishtedaar ho... Itne saare panipuri akele khagaye (How would I know that you can eat so much...)

Kabir started laughing at her response and for the first time Aarohi felt butterflies in her stomach seeing him laugh. He did look extra cute while laughing. "After dinner, can we walk for sometime before going to the hotel? I have over eaten... It will help" she said stopping her mind from thinking illogical thoughts. 

"Sure" he replied ordering Manoj Kaka for chole bhature.

"And while returning, I will ride the bike..." Aarohi stated surprising Kabir. 

"You know how to ride a bike?" he curiously asked. "Yes I love biking riding... I used to do a lot in Udaipur.." she replied. But Kabir was giving a bit of apprehensive look.

Aarohi - "Don't tell me you are one of those men who don't like to sit behind a woman on a bike.."

"Off course not... I have no issue sitting behind you... Bike bhi tumahri, main bhi tumhara, I mean.. helmet bhi tumhara (Your bike and helmet...) he giggled mentally cursing himself for his slip of tongue.

********

Author's Note - Hope you all enjoyed reading the chapter... Do vote and share your thoughts... Also don't forget to follow me... Happy Reading!!