Chapter 2 - Road To Realization

It had been 1 month since the temple confrontation. 1 month since Aarohi left their lives and went to Mumbai to start afresh. Abhimanyu and Akshara had started dating immediately as if nothing had happened. Rest of the family gradually started accepting their relationship and also accepting Aarohi's decision to stay away from them except Kairav and AG (Akhilesh Goenka, Manish Goenka's Brother)

They both had gone to Mumbai, to convince Aarohi to come back but when she denied, they had helped her settle in the new city. AG bought her a rented flat, where their family friends were living as neighbours. Kairav visited her every weekend to make sure she doesn't feel homesick and adjusts in Mumbai.

***

It was Friday night and Kairav was packing his bag to go to Mumbai. Akshara entered his room eating chocolate, "Bhaiya, tomorrow plan is fixed na? We all siblings will watch first a movie and then go to our favourite restaurant for dinner"

"Sorry Akshu, I will be busy tomorrow, I can't join you." Kairav replied packing his bag without looking at her.

Akshara - "Bhaiya tomorrow is first Saturday of this month. And you remember right, this day is Siblings Day. You would cancel your important meetings to spend time with us. Cancel your plans we will enjoy tomorrow."

Kairav finally looked up to her and calmly replied, "I can't cancel my plans. I am going to Mumbai tonight to meet Aarohi."

That statement was enough to annoy Akshara. "Oh Aarohi, of-course you will go and meet her. She is important and I have no value. For her you are ruining our special day which we have been celebrating for years."

Kairav could no longer control his anger, "Stop it Akshara." He said raising his voice.

He controlled his anger and continued, "What Sibling's Day celebration Akshu? When you clearly know your sister is all alone in a new city, heartbroken. You want to celebrate as if nothing has happened. It's like you have completely erased Aarohi from your life. But how can you expect me to do the same. In this one month did you even ask once how is Aarohi, is she fine, even for formality sake?"

Akshara was shocked to hear Kairav accusations. She shouted, "You are blaming me Bhaiya. I should be guilty? And what about Aarohi, her mistakes?"

Kairav - "You should be thankful that no one is blaming you Akshu. You started dating Abhimanyu as soon as Aarohi left. Bade papa, Badi ma, no one said a word against you. They accepted your relationship."

He took a step forward and sternly said, "Aarohi has made mistakes in her life. Nobody is taking her side and she is paying the price for her mistakes. But pointing out Aarohi's mistakes doesn't make you right Akshu. What you and Abhimanyu did was wrong, and there is no justification you both can give."

Akshara accused Kairav, "I can't believe my brother is saying this to me. What do you expect from me, that I should have sacrificed my love? Have you forgotten that you are my brother? 

She taunted, "I am your real sister and..." 

"Shut up Akshara!" Kairav roared. "I have never differentiated between you and Aarohi. Nobody asked you to sacrifice your love, people just expected you to handle the situation maturely."

He composed himself and continued, "You are right. I am a brother and it's a brother's responsibility to protect his sister. But I failed, I couldn't stop my sister from getting heart broken because the one who gave her pain was none other than my another sister. I couldn't do anything for her. Least I can do is to make sure, she is safe in Mumbai and has someone to rely on when in need." saying he took his bag  to leave but stopped at the door.

He turned and said, "You were always the sensible one na Akshu. Aru was stubborn and immature but not you. You would do anything for your family, for Aru. But looking at you now, it's like you are a complete different person. You are not a position to see anything except Abhimanyu. He's only what matters to you. You fought the world for him, went against your family but in future when will you will be in need, will Abhimanyu do the same? Will he stand with you or against." saying he left.

Akshara was numb. Her heart continuously repeating that what she did was right while her mind somehow finding truth in Kairav's words. Tears formed in her eyes.

She wiped her tears, "I love Abhimanyu and he will always be my side. I don't care what anyone thinks. I tried sacrificing for Aarohi and would have been successful if Abhimanyu had not warned me to commit suicide"

"Maybe that's the reason, you reacted so hastily, do you  really love him?" - her inner voice asked leave her restless and stressed.

***

Abhimanyu called her, "Baby ready for tomorrow? I want you to look gorgeous in Anisha's engagement ceremony. I was planning, we both also get engaged tomorrow.

Akshara who was half listenings as her mind was filled with Kairav's words, snapped back when she heard about their engagement, "What! Our engagement tomorrow. No."

Abhimanyu - "Don't worry I was kidding, Ma checked our kundalis, there are no good dates for at least next 3 months, for our engagement". "But why were you shocked, you want to get engaged with me na?" he teased.

Akshara - "Ya of course. But I want it to be special and it would be impossible to make arrangements for tomorrow. Ok I shall sleep now, bye"

"Ya right. love you. Bye" Abhimanyu cut the call

********

Author's Note - Hope you liked the chapter. DO vote and comment your views. Happy Reading!!