Chapter 1 - Marriage Day

Aarohi felt a shooting pain in her heart. She became numb. Her world came crashing down, as she saw Abhimanyu and Akshara hugging and confessing their love to one another. She  was standing there decked as a beautiful bride, only to witness betrayal and heartbreak.

Abhimanyu held Akshara's hand and announced his love to her. He further informed both the families about what all Aarohi had done. Everyone started blaming and taunting her. She had enough and shouted, "STOP".

"I know I am not a saint. I have done fair share of mistakes and I accept all of them unlike you two who after committing mistakes play the victim card. At least I have the courage to call a spade spade" she said looking at Abhimanyu and Akshara

Looking at Abhimanyu, she continued, "I didn't save you from fire, you and your family presumed it. If you love Akshara as much as you claim, then what was the need to send me the proposal for marriage. First you rejected me for her, when she rejected you, you decided to make her jealous and so sent me a proposal. I was a fool who taught with time our relationship will become strong and you will start loving me."

"And you Akshara Goenka" she said, looking at her sister, "We never shared a good relation to begin with, but somewhere I felt with time we might have a sister bond. Today, on my wedding day, you got the courage to confess your love to Abhimanyu. Where was this courage when he professed his love for you?"

"Oh I forgot, at that time you wanted to act Mahan and selfless, wanted to be the great one who sacrificed her love for her sister." She sarcastically chuckled.

"You were always sceptical about this sacrifice, weren't you Akshara. You wanted to be in the good books but didn't want to pay the price of sacrifice." She continued.

Akshara - "Aarohi please try to understand me.. Just listen to me once."

Aarohi - "Please Akshara. If you truly loved Abhimanyu, if you were crazy for him, you wouldn't treat him as a commodity in exchange for my love for you. You wouldn't have sacrificed your love and if were serious about this sacrifice, you wouldn't have done this eloping act. The fact is you can never stay true to your words. In all this drama, I became the laughing stock. "

She looked at both the families, "I know, after all this drama, you all will still feel I am wrong and these two are right. But if you see them through my eyes, you will see two immature, fickle minded individuals who take hasty decisions  and do not realise the consequences their actions can have." 

She looked at Abhimanyu, "I liked you the moment I saw you. I was ready to give my 200% in this relationship but you are not worthy of it. You are not worthy of me. You don't deserve me Dr. Abhimanyu Birla and so I reject you. I break this relationship. You will not understand my pain today, when a person will choose someone over you, that day will know what I went through today." saying she removed her engagement ring and gave it to Abhimanyu.

"Wish you both a happy life." saying she left the temple. Both the families were too stunned to react. Somewhere in their hearts they knew that Abhimanyu and Akshara had unnecessarily  complicated the entire situation.

*********

Author's Note - So, how was the chapter? Share your thoughts in the comments. Hope you liked the fierce Aarohi. I remember enjoying Aarohi monologue during the temple scene. So added my version of it.