Chapter 22 - Akshara's Dream

After dinner, Aarohi and Kabir wandered near the dabba (restaurant) for few minutes, gazing at the beautiful moon and twinkling stars above them. "Delhi is a bit polluted, isn't? You can't clearly see stars.. In Udaipur, we could easily see stars and constellations from our roof itself.."

"True.. even Mumbai for that matter... the more the city develops, the more it gets polluted.. I love star gazing... I had plans of going to Coorg this summer for music tour but it got cancelled.." Kabir said.

"Coorg is there in my travel bucket list as well... In fact not just Coorg, all the major places in India which are best for star gazing like Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh... and what a coincidence! Even I like star gazing!... It's assures me that my parents are looking at me from the above.." she said looking up.

"And they are proud of you that you are such a strong confidant woman" he said, looking at her. 

She turned towards him and smiled and that smile cemented in his heart.

"Thode naraz bhi honge.. ki tum tumhari boss ko bohat parishan karti ho (They will be a little angry also, that you trouble your boss)" he teased changing the topic.

"As if the boss isn't troubling me?" Aarohi raised an eyebrow.

"When did I trouble you? Main tumhe yaha khana khane keliye laya (Brought you here for dinner), even gave you permission to take leave.." he said making a puppy face.

'Why is he soo cute?' Aarohi wondered. "Fine you don't trouble me... Now let's go back.. and I will ride.." she said pulling him to the bike.

***

Aarohi was riding the bike and Kabir was sitting behind him. "You ride the bike excellently Aarohi" Kabir complemented. "Thank you" she replied.

A speed braker came and by mistake she didn't lower the speed. Kabir tightly held Aarohi's waist in reflex putting her entire existence of fire. Aarohi stopped the bike and removed his hands. Turning back, "What are you doing? I am not your real girlfriend, that you are planning to romance.."

Kabir gave an irritated look, "I take back the words, I said few minutes back... You aren't a good rider... Didn't you see such a big speed braker... Hadn't I held you, i would have jumped and fallen from the bike.. I am not interested in touching or romancing you Aarohi!"

"In fact, not interested in you, even if you are the last woman on this planet..." he continued.

'Really, not interested?' his mind teased making his face red.

"The feelings are mutual, Mr Akdu.. Now hold anything except me..." she said angrily.

"Lekin tum bhi meherbani karke aaram se chalana. (But you also drive slowly please)" he said holding the back handle.

***

Akshara saw a guy standing in front of her with his back facing her. He was wearing black shirt and jeans. "I LOVEEE YOU!!" she screamed presuming the guy to be Abhimanyu. She ran and tightly hugged him from the behind.

The guy turned, shocking Akshara to the core. He was Abhinav. He hugged her back, "I LOVE YOU TOO Akshu!!.... I always knew you loved me..." he smiled. The door was knocked jolting Akshara from her sleep. It was 8 pm. She had dozed off  on sofa after the evening function.

'What a weird dream it was?' she wondered. 'Why am I thinking such weird thoughts. I love Abhimanyu, he loves me... That's the fact.. Abhinav's feelings are just one-sided. He is just my best friend' she told to herself, though after the dream after own words felt like a lie to her.

Abhinav knocked her room. "Akshu!! Are you ready? Dinner buffet will get closed..."

"Ya I will come in 10 minutes" she said and hurriedly jumped from the bed and went to freshen up. She went to cafeteria and was further shocked to notice Abhinav near a food stall wearing the same black shirt and jeans like her dream. All the flashbacks of her dream came to her mind. 'This is getting weirder' she murmured.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realise when she missed a step, tripped and fell from the stairs injuring her right hand and ankle. 

"Akshara!!!" Abhinav screamed and came running towards her, "You are alright? How did you fell?"

"I just missed a step and fell.." she said looking at the bruise on her right palm. She tried to stand up but winced in pain. 

Abhinav tried to pick her up but Akshara stopped him, "No need, I can stand by myself" saying she again tried and failed. 

Abhinav rolled her eyes, "Will you stop acting like a super women", saying he picked her up in bridal style. Ever since Akshara had got to know that Abhinav had feelings for her, she was getting affected by his presence and touch. But she had kept on ignoring it. After today's dream, no matter how much she tried, she couldn't stop distancing herself from him. 

Abhinav took her to her room, placed her on the bed and went to bring the first aid. He sprayed on her ankle, all the while Akshara kept staring at him. He then went on to apply the ointment on her right palm.

"How could you be so careless, Akshu.. What on earth were you thinking??" he asked.

"You" Akshara blurted but next second covered it up, "I mean, I was trying to find you... wasn't thinking anything.."

"I will order dinner to the room itself" Abhinav said and she nodded.

After 20 minutes, the food got delivered. Akshara limped to the table and started opening it. "You can't stay still?" Abhinav said, taking the plate from her hand. He started serving the food and she noticed that he has ordered all her favourites. Her heart soared with this sweet gesture.

"Sit.. let me help you.. You have hurt your hand..." he said. 

"I will eat by myself" Akshara said coldly. 

Abhinav found her behaviour weird. Even Akshara didn't know why she was behaving rude with him but she knew she had to distance herself from him. This was all getting super messed up. She couldn't let her emotions overpower her.

"I don't know why you are behaving this weirdly but I won't let you eat by yourself." saying he made her sit and started feeding her. "And if you are angry, you can scold me after dinner as you will have more energy" Abhinav laughed at his own lame joke bringing a smile on Akshara's face. 

'Why is he so caring and understanding. If he behaves so sweetly with me, how will I ever distance myself from him' Akshara wondered.

*********

Author's Note - Hope you all enjoyed reading the chapter.. Do vote and share your thoughts in the comments... And don't forget to follow me... Happy Reading!!