Chapter 16 - Meeting The Family

Even after an hour of tossing and turning, Akshara wasn't getting sleep while Abhinav peacefully slept on the couch. "Abhinav!! Abhinav!!" she called but there was no response. She called once again with a louder voice waking him up. "Were you sleeping?"

Abhinav raised an eyebrow, "No Akshu, I was playing football, was about to goal, when you called me... Obviously was sleeping... What happened?"

"Nothing, go back to sleep, good night..." she said annoyingly.

"You are not getting sleep?" Abhinav asked.

"These pillows are giving me headache... I can't sleep in these... And if I don't sleep, I will get dark circles and in all the pictures I will look so ugly..." she whined while Abhinav chuckled and came sat beside her. He forwarded his arm, "Sleep on my arm, you might fall asleep... And don't worry, once you sleep, I will go back to the couch.."

Akshara didn't know what to say. But she wanted to sleep so agreed reluctantly. And true to his words Akshara fell asleep within few minutes of sleeping on his arm. Abhinav looked at her fondly, she looked like a baby sleeping. He could never stop loving her. He carefully removed his arm and stood to leave when Akshara held his hand in her sleep.

He wanted to remove her hand but couldn't bring himself to do so. He knew he had already lost Akshara. This was the only time he could be with her and he wanted to cherish it. He sat back gazing at her and eventually fell asleep.

***

Kabir and Aarohi were welcomed by his family. Anushka hugged her, "Hi, Aarohi!! My would be Bhabhi, finally my brother fell in love with someone."

Aarohi hugged her back, "I am very happy for you.. Wishing you and Randheer to have a beautiful life ahead" saying she opened her purse and gave a small gift.

"Wow!! That's so sweet... Thank you". Anushka opened the gift and it had beautiful stones embellished butterfly studs. "This is so beautiful!!! But how did you know I wanted these?"

Aarohi - "You had liked these studs on our social media handle so just guessed you might like these..."

Everyone was surprised at her answer. "Actually Aarohi is the grand daughter of Manish Goenka who owns Goenka Gold and Diamonds... In fact Anushka, your wedding jewelleries are designed by Aarohi." Kabir said easing out everyone surprise

Anushka - "What?!? Aarohi, aren't you an interior designer?" 

"Well, I have also done jewellery designing to help my bade papa"

Anushka - "And Bhai you didn't tell me earlier?"

Kabir - "Even I got to know recently... When I met her I had no clue that she was your jewellery designer."

"And how did you meet my would be bhabhi" Anushka teased Kabir making him blush. "Omg Kabir Raghuvanshi is blushing.... Kya jadoo kya hai aapne Bhabhi (What magic have you done)... I mean would be Bhabhi"

Aarohi smiled in response. 'If not a singer, he could have definitely been a superb actor, everyone is thinking he is blushing in real. Even I felt the same for a second.. But why would he blush in real?' her thoughts were broken when they all asked them to share their love story.

As pre decided, Kabir recited the story with minor changes and everyone's heart soared hearing this. "You both were destined to meet and fall in love" Kabir's aunt said making Aarohi and Kabir awkward and they looked at each other.

"Ok, let's all go to sleep... From tomorrow, marriage functions will start.." Dadi said. Anushka gave room keys to Aarohi and Kabir and pulling them aside whispered, "Bhai, Aarohi, your rooms are adjacent and inside there is door joining both.... I purposefully booked these for you guys.. You can easily sneak into each others room and elders won't even know..."

Aarohi's face turned red. Kabir was also equally shocked and scolded, "What's the need Anu.. I will take some other room..." 

"Oh! How cuteee!! No need for this fake scolding, I am your sister Bhai... I know you would want spend some quality time with your girlfriend and in-front of this huge family it won't be possible. So enjoy..."

Aarohi knew this drama was going to be difficult but she had no idea it was going to be so embarrassing. She turned and went towards the lift. Kabir followed her and once inside, "See, I know, you are upset... Things went a bit over board...  Anushka is like this only... Over excited about everything... There is actually no problem... We will close the door... and... I won't enter your room and...." he kept blabbering when placed Aarohi placed her finger on his lips shocking him.

"Kitna bolte ho yaar tum? (How much you talk)... Did I say I am upset?... I was a bit awkward but we are pretending to be girlfriend boyfriend, so obviously Anushka and your family will behave like this only... And you are free to enter my room"

Kabir raised his eyebrows in surprise. "You can enter, if you wish to get your bones broken... I am a Karate Champion.. Brown Belt..." Aarohi completed the sentence.

Aarohi - "Why are not replying... Bol rahe the toh rukne ka naam nahi le rahe the aur ab murti bankar kade ho.. (You were constantly talking and now are mum.)" 

Kabir signalled her to remove her finger and when she did, he took step back, "Kitni dangerous aur violent ho yaar... (You are both dangerous and violent).. And you also don't enter my room.."

"Why would I enter?"

Kabir - "Kya pata.. Raat ko tumhara man ho ek haseen ladke ko sote hue dekhne ka.. Mujhe toh Karate bhi nahi.. Isilye pehle hi bata raha hoon (At night you might want to see a handsome guy sleeping.. I don't even know Karate.. so stating beforehand..)"

Aarohi raised her eyebrow, "Mujhe Bandar ko sote hue dekhne mein koi interest nahi hai (Not interested in seeing a sleeping monkey) saying she turned and tripped. Kabir held her by her waist. 

At the same time lift door opened and Anushka and few other relatives were standing there. "Bhai! Control yaar... You started in lift itself.." Everybody started giggling. "Shut up" Kabir scolded her.

"No Anushka, I just tripped, Kabir was helping me.." Aarohi said. They all went to their rooms.

***

Next day Aarohi got ready way before time

Next day Aarohi got ready way before time. She wore an olive green lehenga with yellow dupatta. 'The mehendi function will start at 11am and it is only 9 now... I will have go and finish my breakfast by the time..' she thought. She went and called Kabir but he wasn't in his room. Thinking he might be with his sister, she went to the cafeteria section, which was pretty vacant at that time.

She went to the snacks section and accidentally collided with someone and when she turned to apologise, she was shocked to the core to see him.

********

Author's Note - How was the chapter? Hope you all enjoyed reading.... Do vote and share your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to follow me... Happy reading!!!