Chapter 5 - Mr. Mysterious Raghuvanshi

It was 7 in the evening and marine drive was as busiest as it could be. Crowded with people of different age groups, relishing on street foods or simply just looking at the breathtaking view of the sea.

Among the crowd, there was a fine young man around 25 in black hoodie and mask, so as to not get recognised. For him the sea held a special place in his heart. It had the power to provide calmness and tranquility to even the most disturbed minds. And today he was extremely disturbed. For one, he had to submit his song the next day which he hadn't even started writing. And two, exactly one year back, he had broken up with Aisha, his girlfriend when he got to know she was cheating on him.

One year had passed but still the pain was there in his heart. When you give your 200%, you love the other with all that you have and in return they cheat you, that feeling is worse than death. But this pain was not new to him. Growing up he had seen his dad cheat on his mom and hated it but had never thought he would have the same fate as if mom. But no matter what happened in his personal life, Kabir Raghuvanshi was not going to have its impact on his career, on his music.

He opened his hip flask which had an expensive scotch whisky and took a sip. He wasn't an alcoholic but only alcohol had the strength to numb his pain. He was looking at the waves hitting the shores, in hope of some inspiration when a paper flew towards him. Thinking it might be a garbage he decided to throw it when his eyes fell on its words. Written in perfectly beautiful handwriting . 'Must be a girl, only they can write such neatly' he thought and continued reading the lines.

Even the word 'perfect' felt like an understatement, because these lines were beyond prefect. Matching perfectly to the tune of his new song, like someone had written keeping it in mind. He couldn't believe his eyes. He looked around to check, but there was nobody.

He reread the lines, each word emphasising the heartbreak and pain one feels on being betrayed. 'Mind blowing' He knew he was great in writing songs, but was pleasantly surprised to find someone better than him. 'Man! I need to meet this person'. His thoughts were disturbed by Akhil. His manager cum best friend.

Akhil - "Bro, you wrote something? Please say yes or else I will get a heart attack. And what is this? you are drinking?" He saw the paper in Kabir's hand, took it to read.

"Wow!!! Wow! I mean this mind blowing, fabulous, fentabulos!! This is going to be chartbuster dude!! People will go crazy. You are a true rockstar Kabir!!" Akhil exclaimed.

Kabir looked at him, still in his surprised look, "I have not written this".

Akhil - "Huh? what? are you drunk?"

"I have not written these lines" he repeated himself and continued, "I was seating here in search of inspiration when this paper flew towards me".

Akhil was equally surprised, "I can't believe this. Is this some sorcery? Who wrote this then?"

Kabir - "I don't know who has written, but she must have felt heartbreak closely."

Akhil - "How do you know it's a 'she'? And that she had a heartbreak?"

"I just guessed by the neat hand writing, I might be wrong. But I am 100% confident on the heartbreak part. Unlike other emotions, you have to go through pain and heartbreak to be able to write about it. Jab dard bardash ke bahar ho tab jaakar dil se shayari aati hai. That 's how art is formed" Kabir said looking at the sea.

Akhil - "Oh God! You and your philosophical talk. But who cares, now this your paper and these are your lines."

Kabir gave him a stern look, "Have you gone mad? You are asking me to cheat? Someone can sue me for plagiarism. And its not about getting sued, sangeet mere liye ibadat hai. I can't. Sorry. I will write something else.

Akhil - "Look dude you understand music, I understand money. I am your friend and I won't sugar coat. These lines are perfect for the song but if you want to write something else, then do it by 10 am tomorrow."

Kabir nodded. The desire to meet this mysterious person which his heart told was a lady increased.

Akhil got a call and he went to pick it up. "It was your mom, why don't you pick your parent's calls? They are at Tiwariji's party. I am going and you are coming with me.

"Nope. I am not interested to be part of circus." Kabir answers vaguely.

"Bro, these social parties are important for your career." Akhil said but he knew his words fell on deaf ears. Kabir was an amazing singer but notoriously moody who hated parties and social gatherings.

Akhil - "Fine, do whatever you want, but don't drive."

Kabir gave a cheesy grin, "I won't, I am a law abiding citizen. I will take a cab."

"Why, I will call the driver?" Akhil said for which Kabir denied.

***

Kairav - "Aarohi, can you go home by yourself? My childhood friend is going to Canada and he was asking if I could meet him once before leaving?

Aarohi - "Of course bhaiya, don't worry I will take a cab. Bye." Kairav left to meet his friend. It started drizzling. People rushed to their cars or to find shelter except two individuals who opened their arms to embrace the rain.

'Badi Ma used to say unexpected showers bring unexpected changes in one's life. I hope the new change would be positive' Aarohi thought remembering her past month.

Kabir put the paper in his pocket and opened he arms. He loved Mumbai and its unexpected rains. Aarohi saw a taxi called it stop and went towards it. Kabir who didn't observe this, also went towards the same taxi and they collided.

Kabir held Aarohi's hand to stop her from falling. Their eyes met. Despite the mask covering his half face, those light brown eyes and hairs falling on his forehead made him look attractive. Aarohi snapped herself back to reality. 'The breakup has made me insane, I am fine every other guy attractive.'

"Excuse me Mr, yeh meri taxi hai." Aarohi said rather rudely.

Few seconds back, Kabir had thought this girl looked cute. With big brown eyes filled with kohl, cute round face with delicate features. But now felt she was anything but cute.

"Really, mujhe laga yeh taxi driver ki hai." Kabir replied sarcastically for which Aarohi rolled her eyes.

She asked the driver, "Bhaisaab Maine aap ko rokha na? Aap inhe jaane ko boldo."

Driver - "Aap dono ne ek sath hath dikake roka tha. Kaha jana hai?

"Bandra" Kabir and Aarohi said in unison and looked at each other.

"Raste bhi ek or Manzil bhi, toh safar bhi sath mein kijiye" Driver said in a poetic way and later said, "Mera Matlab aap dono ko bandra chod dunga"

Aarohi raised an eyebrow and thought, 'Taxiwale bhi shayari kar rahe hai aaj kal'.

"Wah bhaisaab! kya baat hai!" Kabir giggled making Aarohi wonder how this ride was going to be. They both sat in the taxi and unknown to them their life was going to take an unexpected turn.

*******

Author's Note - So how was the chapter? Did you find Kabir Raghuvanshi an interesting character? Do vote and comment.