Chapter 21

Day One

Stacey's Journal

March 13th, Thursday

Even after seeing the entire ship, I was so impressed with our mentors. While we were touring the ship, of course even though Asher had no idea what anything was, he acted like our tour guide.

"And here," he explained, almost tripping while walking backwards. "Are where the room cabins are, inside the hull." he pushed open the double doors leading to a narrow hallway with 4 rooms, two on each side.

Walker stepped in front of Asher. "Okay, first of all, you're not the tour guide, Asher," he said.

Asher smirked. "I could be. I'm sure everyone would rather me lead, right?" no comment.

Walker continued, ignoring the betrayed look on his face. "So, Carole and Stacey will be sharing a room, Asher and Cam, Me and Andrew, and Catherine and Sadie. It's pretty commendable, but if you need anything just ask, don't go into the supply room alone." He glared at Asher.

"I'm looking at you, Asher. Don't get into any trouble." Walker confirmed my suspicion. Asher glanced over at me and wiggled his eyebrows like he wanted me to get into trouble as well.

Sadie handed out keyrings to everybody. Mine had a blue metal and one key had blue and green fusing on it, the second key had a small engraved word. DORMS. I assumed it must be the key that opened the door leading to this hallway.

The last key had SUPPLY ROOM engraved into it. That must be the key to the room Walker told us not to go into.

"Can we go check out the rooms?" I asked eagerly. I really wanted to see it, for a lot of reasons, mostly because I needed to see if I could build a fort with Carole.

Andrew and Walker exchanged looks and Andrew nodded. "Go right ahead. Get accommodated. After all, you will be here for about four weeks."

Carole and I practically sprinted to our dorm. I don't know about her, but I was bursting with excitement.

Carole slipped her key into the keyhole and turned it with a click. The door opened as I pushed it open and it was . . .

Not that big. I wasn't dissatisfied or anything, just surprised. After the luxury apartment building, chefs devoting themselves to working at Elite Lofts only to serve the other staff, themselves, and about 12 other people. And her house, even though that wasn't really their purpose.

There were two twin sized beds, a little far spaced apart, both with white covers spread across. There was one desk, two fluffy bean bags, a closet that had 2 sliding spaces to put suitcases and two facing shelves and hanger rails for clothing.

I did a slow jog into the bathroom. There was a small standing shower, a toilet, one sink, and two drawers. Probably for shampoo and that stuff. I'm afraid it might not be enough for Asher, though.

"This is so cool." Carole breathes, looking out the window. Basically the Pacific Ocean. So far, there were only really tiny fish but the distance looked blurred.

I sprawled out on one of the beds, curling up. I hear a knock on the door and Carole goes to get it.

At first, I thought it was one of our mentors but then I heard arguing.

"Cam, what are you doing here? We're trying to unpack right now-"

"-I was wondering if you wanted to go on the third floor to play minigolf together? Tomorrow?"

I hear Carole giggle and can't help smiling. She's so cute when she thinks that he doesn't like her. They're practically the perfect couple! I can understand why she wouldn't want to date at 13 though-I don't either. But it's not like I have someone waiting on me anyway.