Chapter 9

"Why's it so hot in here?" Addie asked no one in particular. "Stacey, can you turn the ac on?"

"Sure," Stacey leaned out of her seat to press the button. She turned it up to 3, because it really was hot. "Asher, how are you so good at driving? You're only 13."

Asher laughed a little at this. "Well, even though I'm 13, I'm a good driver because I practiced with Catherine. She's a good driver, y'know." he smirked. "I'm sure you'll be a lot better than me though."

She exploded with laughter when he said this, "There is no way. I'm scared to death of driving, I could never practice."

Asher shifted his face a little to look at her. "I can help you if you want," he turned to the lane beside them. "If it would make you feel better. And I could show you some tricks."

Stacey felt herself blush a little bit. "Yeah, I think it would. Thanks."

"So basically, since you know us all, and what we can control-"

"Except me and Addie." Brandon reminded her.

"Right," Carole corrected. "We're all going to go home and pack all our stuff that we need to stay at the new place. Catherine and Walker's...thing that they had built for us all. None of us have seen it though so none of us have any idea, just blind address."

"Sounds pretty cool! Can you guys um..help me pack? Come over and help?" Stacey asked a little nervously. "Just Addie and Carole! Because they're girls, you know." she quickly added.

They both nodded excitedly.

"I guess Cam, Brandon and I will do that too." Asher added a sigh. "I'm really bad at packing."

"He is." Cam and Brandon said in unison.

The girls laughed and Stacey could've sworn that when she doubled over in laughter, Asher smiled. He turned on the indicator and he turned to his right and there was a small gas station named "The Alley Snack Shack".

"Park here." Carole said, looking out the window for an empty spot. Asher turned the corner and parked his car.

"Remember everyone, act like the totally normal teenagers we aren't." Cam reminded everyone, stepping out of the car after Brandon.

Carole laughed. "What Cam said," she climbed out of the door behind Addie and slammed it.

Asher walked beside Stacey while she pulled up her hood. She was wearing the hoodie from her old closet and it made her squirm a little, when she thought of the fact that her whole old life was lies and deceit. But it was still comfortable.

"So what're you gonna buy?" He asked her, jolting her out of her thinking.

"Oh nothing. Probably a slushie, and a pack of gum. You?"

He nodded his head. "Probably the same. I've been wanting to ask you, y'know it's March 4th...are you excited for the Spring Fling?"

Stacey groaned as Asher smirked.

"So did anybody ask you out? I wouldn't be surprised if a million guys at our school did. I mean, 'Guys look, it's Stacey-' Wait, what's your middle name?"

"It's Brielle." she said, stepping to open the door of the Alley Snack Shack.

"Wow that's..really pretty, Stace," he said, holding the door for both of them. "So are you going?"

"Well I don't really know. I'm probably going to ask my brother Dylan if he liked it," Stacey told him, picking up a pack of gum. "Ooh, Trident," She flipped it over. "Mint, too." She took out her wallet that had been in her coat pocket to pay for it.