Chapter 3

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* Ugh, Stacey really needed to change that noise. She got out of bed, hit the snooze button on her alarm hub. Stacey jogged over to the huge bay-window.

It had a chambray blue pillows set on top of the solid, white bench rounding the gigantic windows. So big, Stacey could fit 3 of her in, standing up.

It was such a beautiful ocean shore view that Stacey would've been so peaceful just sitting there all day, staring out the window. 

But then all of last night's memories rolled back into her head and she had to blink back the tears. It wasn't...sad, but it was a little overwhelming.

Stacey then realized that most-no ALL of her room was either chambray blue or white. 'What's with this family and blue?' she thought, while making her bed.

School. Ugh.

Doesn't mean because this place is new that school's gonna be fun. Luckily, it's a different school though. Maybe this time, she would be able to focus more.

Stacey turned around and walked cautiously to the huge walk-in closet. There was a pair of blue jean shorts and a black crop top sitting on top of the dresser. Too tired to search for anything else, she quickly threw on the clothes and walked to her even bigger bathroom.

There was a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and a lot more stuff for hygiene. In one of the drawers, there was SO. MUCH. MAKEUP. Stacey never really wore makeup but she decided to try it and did it pretty well. She looked...different.

Brushing her hair and spritzing a little hair spray and perfume, Stacey grabbed a blue North Face backpack that was already filled with all her stuff. She grabbed her phone, which had already come from her house, tied her Nike Blazers, and started leaving her room.

But her backpack bumped into a mug of water sitting on her desk and as a reflex, Stacey reached her arm out to catch the mug.

But obviously, she wouldn't be able to catch spilling water with her hand. But to her surprise, when Stacey flung out her hand, the water stopped mid-air. The mug fell, but the water was just floating.

"What the..." she whispered, inching closer to the floating bubble. Stacey moved her hand to the right a little and the bubble moved too. Cautiously, Stacey grabbed the mug from the floor and set it on the desk, then moving the bubble back into the water.

What the heck was going on? Stacey didn't have superpowers. They weren't real.

...right?...

Anyway, walking out of the room, she went downstairs to get breakfast or something, but nobody except Dylan was there.

"Oh hey Stace, breakfast is right here." He stepped aside to show her all the food on the table. It was... a lot. She had just planned to grab an apple. Stacey sat down across from Dylan and slowly picked at eating her waffle as Dylan was doing the same.

She was glad she wasn't the only one who was nervous right now. "So, Stace, once you're done with your food, I'll drop you off at the middle school and I'll go to the high school. I'm a 10th grader this year." he said, almost shyly.

Stacey nodded, finishing off the last of her orange juice. Standing up, she put the dishes in the sink and walked out to Dylan's car.

A tesla. Of course! Why was she even surprised anymore? Sitting in the shotgun, Stacey shut the door and Dylan ran out of the house, hopping behind the driver's wheel.

Taking a deep breath, Dylan backed the car out of the massive driveway and drove off to the school.

They were there in minutes, and the awkward silence between them was . . . well, awkward. Apparently it was Bayview Middle, and Bayview High. Stacey was in 7th grade. Right in the middle of the year. Dylan parked and she stepped out of the car.

"Bye Stace. Have fun!" He drove off and left Stacey standing there.

"Oh no, now I have to go inside, don't I?" she asked the sky. But the sky doesn't talk so... she slowly walked inside the school. It looked like she was early so she walked faster and entered the school office.

There was a kind looking woman with black hair and gleaming, deep bronze skin. When she saw Stacey, she smiled and sat up. Stacey could see her name tag. Katy. A pretty name.

"Hi dear!" Katy exclaimed, "What's your name?" she asked, still smiling.

"Stacey. Stacey Alexander." Stacey told her slowly.

Katy gasped after she typed in her name. "Alexander as in Madeline Alexander?Is she your mom?" When Stacey nodded, she laughed gleefully. "Oh that Maddie. I was best friends when we went here. Your mother is so rebellious. Gosh, she was amazing. Always breaking the rules, but never got caught.

Being completely honest, nobody could imagine their mother as that.

Stacey smiled at her and told her, "Yeah, um, this is my first day here and my homeroom teacher's name is Ms. Destiny?" Katy smiled.

"One of our kindest, funniest teachers, I'm sure you'll love her. Room 218." She said, beaming.

Stacey smiled shyly and exited the office, walking up the stairs to the 2nd floor.

Well, we're gonna see how this is gonna go. Stacey thought, jogging up the stairs.

First days are always hard.