35: Talk

Narrator's POV: 

     "And then! He texted me and asked me if I wanted to talk about how I was feeling!" Blitz exclaimed before taking a loud sip from his soda. 

"Uh huh." Fizz nodded along with an unamused face after drinking from his own cup of soda. Fizz had invited Blitz out to a fast food restaurant to catch up and just hang out. Fizz had asked him what he's been up to, and at first Blitz gave his normal, "Good, murdering people for my job y'know." answer. But then he started rambling on about Stolas, and the deal, and how he pretends to "care" about his feelings. 

"Like if you're really that desperate then maybe you should've made the deal more than once a month?" 

"Or maybe" Fizz started. "He actually does care about your feelings and how you're doing. Because like I said before, no one pretends to care that much just for a cheap lay. There's gotta be something else that's making him want to care about you." Fizz added. 

Blitz almost laughed at the suggestion that Stolas cares. 

"Pfft! Yeah right. No, he could care less about my feelings. As long as I'm good to fuck." Blitz retorted. 

"Blitz honestly, what makes you think that he can't care for you?" Fizz asked. 

"Because he's just like all the rest of the privileged assholes. They do whatever they can just to get what they want." 

"Ozzy isn't like that, and he's a deadly sin. That's higher up on the rank than Prince Stolas. And besides, I've met plenty of other royals and deadly sins thanks to Ozzy, and they're plenty nice. Like, have you met Beelzebub? She's pretty cool I guess." Fizz argued. "Is your excuse, just the fact that he's a prince? Is that it?"

"In the beginning he never gave a shit about me. Like I said, he just wants the thrill of someone from a lower class to dick him. Now, he thinks that acting like he wants to get close to me or something. He's not going to change just because of me. He literally only wants me to fuck him. He makes that crystal clear." Blitz stated. 

"Well... we changed, that day we both got stolen. We talked and, we're on better terms now." Fizz started. "Maybe you should just, talk to him. That's what Ozzy and me did before we got together. Just possibly the same could happen to you and Prince Stolas." 

"Hey! No one said anything about us "getting together", alright. That's never gonna happen. Besides, even though- if... I care about him like that, Stolas doesn't give a shit about me, alright." Blitz said before a waiter came over with their burgers. 

"Just saying, with the way that Princey sounds like he cares about you, it could happen." Fizz said as he unwrapped his burger, ignoring the very clear fact that Blitz almost spilled the statement he covered up with an obvious lie. "Right, if you care about him like that." He said and took a bite out of his burger. 

"Besides, he wouldn't be able to be in an actual relationship with me." Blitz said under his breath. Fizz sighed with annoyance. 

"Look, all I'm saying is, you should talk to him. He might need someone to talk to as well." Fizz said with his mouth half full. 

"What could he have to talk about with me? He's a prince for fucks sake and I'm an Imp." Blitz said and took a bite out of his own burger. 

"What is it with you and the class ranks? Ozzy is dating me, he's a deadly sin and I'm an Imp. I heard Beelzebub is dating a Hellhound, and I believe the princess of hell is dating a fallen angel or something." Fizz declared. "And just because he's a prince, doesn't mean he couldn't need or want to talk about anything. The only act he could be putting on is that he's fine and dandy, just for you. Because with what you've told me, he's only opened up to you about a few things, and only got emotional a little. There's gotta be more under the surface. Does he know anything about your past at all?" He asked.