19: 💤~Sleepy boi~💕

Blitz's POV:

     Today had been a very busy and successful day at work. Got quite a few clients, killed all the right targets with ease and got paid good today. I would go to a bar or something with Millie and Moxxie but they last minute scheduled to go somewhere. And Loona wanted to go out with Octavia tonight and look at some weird taxidermy. 

And besides even if they were free tonight I promised Stolas we could have a Voxflix and chill night tonight. So that's where I was now.

I entered the large palace doors and looked around. I still haven't gotten used to the place and probably needed a map to find my way around. But I did know where certain rooms were now from experience. I knew where Stolas's room was, the kitchen, the lounge room, bathrooms, Via's room, and Stolas's study. 

I assumed he was in his room but when I entered, it was dead quiet and no one occupied it. 

"Maybe he's in his study? He probably forgot or something." I thought to myself and pulled out my phone to call Stolas and see where the bird brain was at. 

But he didn't answer unlike normal. He almost always answers. Strange. I walked down the quiet, empty, dimly lit hallways and stopped at the door which contained Stolas's study behind it. I slowly turned the knob and stepped inside. I scanned the area and spotted Stolas at a long desk with his face hidden in his arms, his back slouched over.

I walked across the room and heard him softly hooting while breathing shallowly. He was working on some paperwork with a pencil still in one of his hands with a few books scattered about the long table. 

I smiled softly at the sight and nudged him a little to wake up, but he didn't any new movements or sounds. I grabbed a step stool in a corner and dragged it over so I could be at the height of his head buried in his folded arms. 

"Hey Stolas, you gonna wake up?" I asked quietly while putting my hand on his shoulder. He did a longer hoot than the rest of the short quiet ones but then returned to his normal tired breathing. I gently took the pencil out of his hand and hopped off the stool to slowly, barely pull his chair out. Once I pulled it out just enough that I could get him off the chair, I stepped over and picked him up without struggle, then cradled him close while taking him to his room. 

He must've had a long day. He's never been so tired that he wouldn't budge when I would try to wake him up. But right now he just leaned his head on my horns and had his arms wrapped around my neck while I carried him bridal style to his bed. However once I did get to his bed, a curious thought ran across my mind. 

Should he sleep in the clothes he has on now? Or should I help him get into his normal robe while he's fast asleep? 

I pondered for a while before settling on getting him his robe on. So that's what I did. But as he was sitting up with the help of my hand supporting him, I was in the middle of getting his arms through the sleeves when he started stirring awake. 

"You awake sleepy head?" I asked as he eyes fluttered open. 

"Wha- Blitzy? Was I... How long was I asleep for?" He asked starting to lean a bit off my hand and helped get the rest of his robe on. 

"I dunno. You were asleep in your study room when I got here." I said and tied the robe belt with a bow. 

"Oh I can't sleep I have to finish that work I was doing." Stolas said and started to try and stand up but I forced him back on the bed. 

"Stolas. You were dead asleep when I got here, while I was trying to wake you up, carrying you, and got you dressed. You obviously need to get to bed." I explained. 

"But I need to finish that soon otherwise-"

"You need to get your feathered butt in bed otherwise I'm gonna have to make you." I said pushing him back on the bed. 

"But-"

"But nothing Stolas. You are obviously tired out of your mind right now. I can already see your eyes almost shut again. You've had a long day and you're gonna get in that bed one way or another. So shut your beak and go to sleep before I make you." I told him, hoping he would stop trying to get up. He would probably pass out before he could even return to the room right on the floor in the hallway. 

"Fine. I suppose I could just work on it tomorrow." Stolas hesitantly agreed and smiled tiredly before getting comfortable under the blankets. I kicked my boots off and took off my jacket and followed him under the silk sheets.

He hugged his arms around me and cuddled me close. I clung onto his torso, my arms snaked beneath the robe, and rested my head against his chest floof that was even softer than the sheets itself. He was a very warm bird which instantly sent serenity and safety throughout me, and made me relax more against him.
 My eyelids started drooping a bit in weariness. At the moment that Stolas delivered a soft kiss on my head in between my horns, I wrapped my tail around his waist and smiled against his delicate feathers. As I got more comfortable I assumed it was Stolas's magic that dimmed the lights until it was dark in the room.

"Thank you darling." He whispered before yawning quietly. 

"No problem." I replied and kissed him. 

Goodnight, I love you Blitzy." He said half asleep. 

"Night, I love you too Stols." I responded quietly and ran my hands along his soft feathered back that was enclosed by his red robe. 

I  nuzzled my face against his chest a little more until I heard similar soft hooting and slow, shallow breathing, letting me know he was already out like a light.