36: Date night

Blitz's POV: 

     "Stolas! Can you hurry your ass up? You were supposed to be ready ten minutes ago!" My loud voice echoing throughout the empty palace halls. 

"Yes yes I'm almost done I promise Blitzy, just need one more thing." I heard Stolas from the other side of the closed door as he started closing cabinets loudly. 

Tonight was going to be our actual first date. Ozzie's never happened as far as we're concerned. We had already talked about it a long time ago, and we both have a better understanding of that night. But neither of us really liked that night... like at all. 

So tonight was going to be a new and much better date. It wasn't going to be a big grand date, just out to dinner, then back home to watch a movie and such. 

"Stolas I swear to fuck if your ass isn't out here in negative three seconds I'm gonna break the fucking door-" 

"Okay okay!" I heard Stolas say, finally opening the door, to reveal the only thing that was going to be grand tonight at all. "Do I look okay? Is it too much?" Stolas asked, fidgeting with his hands. 

My honest answer? Yes of course it's a lot. It's always a lot, but he still looks great, better than great. I had never been bothered with how much he would dress up if we were going to do anything, whether it was as simple as going out to attend errands, or it was just staying home. He didn't normally dress all too grand when staying at home, normally he'd be wearing one of his robes, or a big t-shirt and shorts. 

"I could explain how good you look right now, but that will take me forever." I said with a genuine smile, instead of my normal automatic smirk. Based on Stolas's face softening with a smile, I think I said the right thing. 

"Thank you Blitz, I was worried I dressed too much for this date, considering on our first date you-"

"Atatat! This is our first date. Besides I always think you look amazing, it was just harder to say before." I interrupted him. 

"Aww thank you Blitzy, I think you look really nice tonight as well." He said and looked at my outfit. It wasn't anywhere near as fancy or as much as what Stolas had on, but I thought it looked pretty decent for just a dinner and an at home movie date. It was just a plain red shirt and a black jacket that was zipped just a little more than halfway. I had my normal boots and black pants but I decided against wearing my gloves today. My pendant on my belt buckle.

"Thanks. Alright now you said you wanted to instead have me drive you to the place in my van than just making us a portal to get there?" I asked again while I lead him to my van down the palace steps, hand in hand. 

"Yes please, if it's no inconvenience." He answered. 

"Are you sure? I did clean it just for tonight, but it's gonna be a little cramped for you, even if you can adjust the seat." 

"Yes I'll be just fine." Stolas assured me as he reached for the door handle, to which I immediately pulled him away for a moment. He looked down at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked. 

"Opening the van door to get in?" Stolas answered, very confused by my action and question. 

"Ha! No, I'm the one opening doors here bucko." I told him as I opened the door wide open for him to get in. 

"Aw well thank you Blitz." He said with a big smile as he slowly got in. 

"The seat is already lowered as far as it can go for you." I said as I closed the door for him, making sure his tail is in the van before doing so. Once I got in on my side and started the van, that's when Stolas started asking questions.