30: Interrupted date

Narrator's POV: 

     "Darling! Are you ready yet? I'm gonna get ready to make the portal." Stolas yelled out as he entered Blitz's apartment and scanned the area for his Imp boyfriend. 

"I'm still getting ready!" Blitz yelled out in a panic from the kitchen, knelt on the floor scrambling to hide everything. 

"You are?" Stolas asked confused as to why Blitz of all people would be taking half an hour to get ready to leave. Normally Blitz would only take about five minutes to get ready. He had insisted on Stolas just waiting outside the room until he was done, but he got curious and a little worried. 

Stolas walked around the living room and heard Blitz scurrying about the kitchen. 

"What are you doing getting ready in the kitchen?" Stolas asked as he stopped at the entrance of the kitchen as he watched Blitz hiding something in the cupboards with his back to him. 
"Blitz?" He asked quietly. Blitz quickly turned around and stood up blocking the cabinets with his legs. 

"Yeah, yeah I uh, couldn't figure out what to wear." Blitz lied with a nervous smile. Stolas furrowed his eyes and slowly walked over to Blitz. 

"In, the kitchen?" Stolas asked but started to take a closer look at Blitz's face only to notice dried up stained tears on his face. "Hey, are you okay? Have you been crying?" Stolas asked and knelt down next to him, which was actually more comfortable then standing, considering how tall he was compared to this room. It wasn't necessarily made for Goetia Princes to be in. 

"It's nothing okay? Besides it doesn't matter right now." Blitz responded and tried to walk past Stolas only to be stopped abruptly by the latter grabbing his hand. Blitz didn't bother with trying to writhing his wrist out of the princes grasp. He just stood there with his eyes glued to the floor. 

"Sorry." He apologized and quickly let go of Blitz's hand. "No it's not nothing. Please look at me." Stolas said quietly and lifted Blitz's face to look at him with new watery eyes. "Blitzy, what's the matter?" He asked. Blitz faced Stolas completely and started aggresively wiping his face and began apologizing uncontrolably. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm sorry. I didn't mean to I just- I'm sorry." Blitz panicked while wiping the oncoming of tears that was quite literally pointless. After one hand wiped his face, his hand would be soaked from the tears and more tears would only replace the previously wiped. 

"It's okay, hey why don't you um..." He said trying to comfort Blitz. "Here, take my hand." Stolas offered and waited for Blitz to take it. "Come on, please." He asked once again. Blitz dried of his hands and arms from the tears on his shirt and hesitantly took Stolas's hand gently. 
"Let's um, let's sit down on the couch and you can tell me what's wrong. Okay?" Stolas said while leading him to said couch. 

Stolas sat first and casually picked up Blitz with ease to seat him on his own lap, to which Blitz happily took advantage of just to rest the side of his face in the fluffy feathers. Blitz wrapped his legs around Stolas's waist and let hugged his arms around his chest. Stolas had one hand on Blitz's back and the other gently rubbing imaginary circles on his tail. 

"So what's going on, what's the matter?" Stolas whispered as he rested his chin in the middle of Blitz's horns, right above the mark on his forehead. Blitz sniffled a little and took a moment to answer. 
"It's okay, you can tell me." Stolas reassured him. "And then you can cry if you need to, it's alright."

"So... you've obviously seen the walls full of pictures, right." Blitz mumbled against the intoxicatingly, addictively soft feathers that he could spend hours upon hours laying on.