III

Meher tried to stop her knees from shaking but was unsuccessful in doing so. She sat on the chair waiting for Asad to come back from work.

She knows Asad well enough to know that he would be ecstatic upon hearing about the pregnancy but there was just this anxiousness stemming from nowhere.

Upon hearing the bell and the door being opened by the maid she stood up. A few moments later Asad was in the room and without sparing her even a glance he went in the bathroom.

She waited a while longer and he came out, clearing her throat to get his attention she spoke,

"Asad kaise hain, aaj zyaada late ho gayi aapko kaam se aane me"

"Ji aapko koi problem mai late aau ya jaldi aau"

" Aise kaise baat kar rahe hain Asad, kuchh hua kya? " Meher asked appalled.

"No, nothing, sorry I snapped at you. Just a rough day at work. Bolie aap kaisi hain? "

"Aapko ek surprise dena tha, paas aae mere. "

As Asad stepped in front of her, she looked in his eyes, " Asad, I'm pregnant "

"What, pregnant? Really? Yessss!!!! Finally!!! "

Looking at his joy, a smile bloomed on Meher's face too.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Later that night Meher was sitting on the bed mindlessly scrolling through Instagram when Asad suddenly barged in the room.

"Ho gaya aapka secret kaam, kaha gaye the aap Asad itni raat me? " Meher inquired half jolking- half serious.

Asad said, " Ab kaam ho gaya hai mera, you can now go and settle yourself in the guest bedroom. Take all your things with you too, I don't want even a single belonging of yours in this room"

"You know I don't like it when people take their jokes too far Asad, stop it" a confused Meher snapped at him.

Asad looked down at her, no emotions displayed on his face, " Then you should know, I myself don't like joking. Now, don't ogle my face and scram! "

"I was tolerating you and your disgusting face everyday in my room, now that you're pregnant, I think I can start with what I was meant to do from the start. "

Saying so without giving her even a single chance to speak, Asad shoved the baffled Meher and left the room,

"You should be out of the room, when I come back. "