VII

It was almost midnight and Meher was tossing and turning in the bed, groaning in discomfort. Her feet were swollen, she felt uncomfortable, her stomach was too heavy, she wanted to eat something sour and she felt like vomiting.

So instead of trying to do anything to ease her discomfort, she just lied on her bed, crying.

This has become almost like a routine for her, she'll lie down to sleep, then she'll start feeling uncomfortable, then she'll feel sorry for herself , and lastly she'll cry.

15 minutes later she forced herself to go into the kitchen to get something to eat. As soon as she stood up, the ache in her feet made her wish she was back in bed, but she powered through and waddled to the kitchen.

Alas, she was not in luck as the fridge only had vegetables and not a single sour or spicy snack for her to snack on.

So, Meher did the only reasonable thing- she sat on the chair, laid her head on the dining table and started sobbing.

In the middle of her sobbing session, she felt like vomiting and hence had to rush to the washroom.

Another average day in her absolutely miserable life.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Meher was waddling around in the kitchen, trying to make some caramel pudding for herself as she was intensely craving it, when she suddenly felt immense pain in her lower abdomen. The pain was so bad that she fell down on the floor.

Looking with horror at the blood pooling at her feet she didn't know what to do, her mind felt blank.

But thinking about her baby she willed herself to pick up her phone from the kitchen counter and clicked on the speed dial without checking who she was calling.

Anyways Asad was not in the city currently, as her due date is a few weeks later, so it was no use calling him.

A few rings later, just as Meher started feeling woozy the call was answered.

"Hello, sweetie. What's up? " Came the voice of her friend Aadya.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Meher could hear some voices around her as her eyes fluttered open, she looked at the source and it was Aadya talking with a nurse.

She was in a hospital, thinking that she urgently looked down at her stomach, it was obviously flatter than before.

"Aadya what happened? " she called out to her friend, scared.

TBC