XII

Meher looked at the gaunt man lying on the bed, so unlike the past, but also really similar to the man in her memory.

Faris Khan committed suicide when Meher was 26, he was the reason she refused to get married, even though they were not in a committed relationship, they were barely friends, the more appropriate word to describe their relationship was 'acquaintances'.

The motive behind his suicide attempt was never determined, as there was not even a letter left.

So, it was completely plausible for Asad to believe in rumors.

Ha, who is she kidding, Asad had no right trying to exact 'revenge' from her, based on his understanding from false rumors.

That man was a nutcase.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Meher sat down on a chair beside Faris, not uttering a single word, lost in the glorious moments of the past, trying to forget about her life and failed marriage.

She never talked to him much, just looking at him gave her butterflies, so it was not shocking that she knew absolutely nothing about his family, or the fact that he had an older brother.

She was only ever interested in him, Aadya used to call her hopeless, she was the only one who knew about the love she harbored for him.

And Meher only ever agreed to marrying Asad, two years after Faris' accident because she knew there was no reason for her to wait for him.

Faris also had a girl he loved and according to her knowledge the girl loved him too.

After his accident she even asked Aksh Bhai if the girl he loved rejected him, but that was not the reason.

Faris'  parents were going to ask for her hand in marriage in a few days.

So, Meher thought she was nothing but desperate waiting for a man who loved someone else and in whose life she had absolutely no importance.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

4 years ago

"Aadyaaaaaaaa, please bro try to ask Aksh bhai, for me. " Meher pleaded to her friend.

"Ok fine, I will ask him. But you know right that he might just be teasing him groundlessly " Aadya reminded her.

"I hope that it is just teasing and not real" Meher exclaimed.

A few days later

"Meher, Faris bhai really has a girl he likes. "

Timeskip

Meher looked at Faris sitting besides her. Both of them were alone in the room, Aksh had to go out on some errand urgently.

It was after a long time Meher and Faris were having a conversation.

"So, Meher what about you? Do you have someone you like? " Faris asked her.

"Noo, I have never had a crush on someone and never will have one in the future. " She lied to him.

"What about you do you have someone you like huhhh? "

Faris stopped laughing, then a soft smile appeared on his face, " Yes, I do have someone I like, I really love her, she is my first love. "

Then he abruptly stopped, "Sorry, you must be cringing at my sappy love confession. "

"No, I think it's really cute that you love her so much. " Meher exclaimed hurriedly.

That night Meher cried about her failed love.