XVI

Meher was completely zoned out, lying down on her bed, staring at nothing in particular, Aksh's voice kept echoing in her head

He woke up

He woke up

He woke up

He woke up

He woke up

He woke up

He woke up

He woke up

She didn't go to see him at the hospital, she couldn't go, she was not sure how she was going to react.

Faris was her first love but his brother was the one who destroyed her, and he did that all because of Faris.

She knows Faris is not the one to blame, Asad was a nutcase, but still she didn't have the courage to look into his eyes again.

Maybe the reason was not Asad,

Maybe she was afraid that one glance would make her fall in love again.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

The next day Meher went to meet Aadya, but ran into Aksh instead.

Looking at his bruised face, she was shocked. "Bhai, what happened? Who hit you? What the hell! Did you get into a fight. "

"It was nothing, just a brawl with an idiot. You best believe that I was the one who won. " Aksh grinned at her.

Meher hit him on the arms, but when he winced, she started apologizing, "Sorry, sorry, but is getting into a fight something to be proud of. Can't you take care of yourself. " she reprimanded him.

Just at that moment Aadya came out of her room, "I think you should praise him Meher, the man whom he pummeled into the ground was Asad.

I thoroughly enjoyed it by the way. "

Meher looked at the proud faces of the two siblings speechlessly.

Aadya added later on her way out, "Wanna come with me, I'm going to the hospital? "

The quick reply was, "No, thanks. "

Aadya looked at her with a disapproving look, while Aksh was just confused.

"Why aren't you going to meet Faris? Did you two get into a fight or something before his accident? "

"Accident ? Wasn't it suicide? "