Chapter 21 || The Rage

"I'm so sorry I dragged you into this, Nila", Dhruv held her hand

"I'm so sorry I dragged you into this, Nila", Dhruv held her hand. "You should be! I told you to stop, Dhruv", she pushed his hands away. Adhi rolled his eyes while the two friends went on arguing. The doors of the cabin was opened after a series of knock and Rajiv's approval.

Adhi locked eyes with his parents before turning away to the ground. "Please have a sit, Mr and Mrs Mohanraj. Dhruv and Nithila's parents are yet to arrive and after everyone is here, I'll begin", Rajiv said with no emotions.

Brinda shook her head disappointedly while looking at her son. Her eyes travelled to the left where she saw the familiar face. Nithila looked at her before dropping her gaze down in shame. Though she was not at fault, she was scared. Not because of Adhi or Dhruv's parents but because her parents were not in town.

If not for Jayaram and Parvati, the next person who would come was... her uncle.

The doors opened again and a couple entered. Nithila snapped her head praying it shouldn't be her uncle or aunty. Though her wish was fulfilled by Dhruv's parents, it was not long lived. Exactly two minutes later, Prakash stomped in.

Unconsciously Nithila wrapped her hand around Dhruv's arm. "What happened", he whispered. She shook her head and continued looking down at her foot.

"Mr Jayaram"? "I'm Nithila's uncle. Her father and mother are not in town", Prakash spoke while clenching his fist in anger. He felt that it was a great insult to be called to the college for a fighting case.

As Adhi caught a glimpse of her face, the unshed tears threatening to slip did not escape his eyes.

"The three of them, Dhruv, Nithila and Adhiseshaiya were caught physically fighting in the college premises. This is getting out of hand since it isn't the first time this is happening", Rajiv spoke. Adhi disliked the way he was not saying the whole incident.

"We're deeply sorry for what Dhruv has done. Please don't take any harsh action on him", Dhruv's mother said. "I'm sorry, Mrs Gupta but the three of them are getting the same punishment. And the punishment is that they are suspended for a week".

Nithila gasped while standing up in fear. Adhi's lips parted open not knowing what to say while Dhruv looked down in shame. Brinda and Mohanraj's crestfallen eyes made Adhi more embarrass.

"Sir, please have a big heart and forgive Dhruv. We'll discipline him to not do this anymore. Suspension will be a problem sir, please", Mr Gupta held Rajiv's hand. "Sir, what actually happened", Mohanraj opened his mouth for the first time.

"Mr Mo-". "Appa, Dhruv hit me first and so I hit him back. That's how the problem started. Nila wasn't even involved", Adhi said, cutting Rajiv off. "Dhruv, did you hit first", Mrs Gupta went to her son and asked. "I- I did".

"It doesn't matter who started it first. When I went there, the three of them were involved. Thus, the three of them are getting suspended. This is the college's final decision", Rajiv declared, signing on some papers.