Chapter 5 || The Knowing

Year One

Year One

"Did you take everything, Adhi"! "Yes, Amma! Don't worry", Adhi said while throwing his bag over his shoulder. "All the best, Anneh! Have lots of fun", Araneesh hugged him. "Thank you. Where's Aaru"?

"She's showering, you get going first. By the time she comes out it'll be night", Mohanraj said. "No, it won't", Aaruthira scowled at her father before reaching her brother for a hug, "have fun". "Thank you".

After all the hugs and kisses, Adhi made his way down to the bus stop where his friend told him to wait. After a long wait, his friend finally showed up in his bike.

"Harsh"! "Adhi, don't scream"!

With a scowl, Adhi climbed onto the bike. "I think I would have reached the college if I had taken the bus instead of waiting for you. We're going to be late on the first day itself". "Chill, Adhi. Don't be such an old man", Harsh rolled his eyes.

"How's Palak? Is she back"? "Yeah, she's fine. She's already in the campus, making a new friend". Adhi smiled, "isn't it so nice that the three of us are in the same college"? "It is", Harsh looked at him through the side mirror and returned the smile.

Once at the campus, Harsh and his girlfriend, Palak shared a long hug. "I missed you baby", he kissed the side of her head. "I missed you too", she mumbled shyly. Adhi cringed internally at the scene but maintained a disturbed smile on his face. "Get a room"! "Oh yeah? Let's see how you behave when you have a girlfriend", Harsh threw a jab at him. "Not happening anytime soon. I don't need anymore stress".

Palak grew offended at his statement and crossed her arms. "Are you trying to say girls are troublesome"? "Uh", Adhi fumbled for an answer under her hardened glare. Harsh sniggered while raising his eyebrows. "Not everyone can be lucky to get someone like you as their girlfriend, Palak". "Doesn't matter! You stereotyped-".

"So the new batch's love birds are here"!

Palak stopped halfway when a rough voice interrupted her. The three of them saw three guys, seniors for sure, walking towards them with an evil smirk. "Just ignore them", she mumbled softly, taking her bag from her bike. As Harsh, Palak and Adhi tried to walk, the guys blocked their way.

"Do some performance for us. After all we're your seniors", one of them wearing a blue shirt asked. "We got to go", Adhi said, looking at him into his eyes. "Look down", he glared at Adhi. "I said look down", the senior pushed him on his chest when his ego remained bruised.

"Jay, leave him", another guy from the group warned. "Shut up, Malik! Let's see how long he'll dare to stare at me", Jay spat. "Adhi, stop", Harsh begged, holding his arm. "Take Palak and go". "Are you crazy", Palak screamed.

Before the seniors could do anything more, a few teachers assembled there. "All of you have not learnt your lessons right"! Jay rolled his eyes hearing their voices. "In the principal's office, now"!