Chapter 16 || The Touch

"Do I look good"? "Nila, stop freaking out"!

Nithila sighed looking at her mother who was on video call with her. "I can't, okay! My friends are not here as well", she sniffed. "Nila, you wanted them to not talk to you before the concert saying it'll make you feel more nervous", Parvati retorted.

Nithila glared at her mother, "you don't have to rub it on my face every single time". Parvati chuckled, "it's because of Adhi, isn't it"? Dumbfounded, she stared at her mother. "You're nervous because you're performing with your enemy. Don't worry, he won't bite you".

"Amma"! "What"! "Nothing, bye"! "Wait, Appa wants to speak".

Jayaram took the phone from his wife and smiled at his daughter. "All the best, you got this"! "Thank you, Appa. Where's that stupid son of yours"? "I'm here, you got this"! "Thank you, Nara. Bye, I'm going to go rest for awhile".

Ending the call, she tidied the messy strands using the mirror.

"Hey, the strings are not tied".

"Huh"? Before she could comprehend, Raghav stood behind and pulled the strings at the back of her anarkali.

Right at that time, Adhi walked in. As soon as the image etched into his mind, his hands balled up into a fist. In order to control the urge to rip him off her and repeatedly punch his face, he took deep breaths. That however, was not of any help. "Raghav"!

The two of them jerked, staring at Adhi. "What happened"? "Uh that... erm... why don't you go ask Hema ma'am if she wants to brief us or anything"?

"I don't think that's necessary-". "It is, Nila! What if there's some important information"? Nithila raised her eyebrow not believing him. "Okay, I'll go", Raghav murmured, knowing if he doesn't step in the two will go on and on.

Once he was out, Adhi stepped closer to her. "What do you want", Nithila spat as she walked away. Or tried atleast because he held onto the string, pulling her back. Nithila stumbled back and landed on his chest.

Her eyes met his through the mirror. The warmth from his chest was slowly spreading to her open back. Unconsciously, she clenched her suit in her palm while suddenly finding difficulty in breathing.

"You and Raghav, seem very close", he huskily whispered near her ears, touching the ends of the strings. "S- so"? "Why is that so", he pulled the strings tightly causing her to arch her back in pain. Adhi loved the way her eyes clenched itself shut immediately.

His eyes drifted down to her lips which was partially tucked under her teeth to bear the pain. Allowing his eyes to travel even south, her heaving chest caught his attention. "L- lose", she whispered. "It looks good like that".

"I won't be able to breath". "I love it. That will look so hot". Adhi smirked visualising her hot, flushed face taking in deep breaths while her upper body moved up and down. Nithila's eyes snapped open as she stared at him in shock.