Chapter 19 || The Clarity

Adhi grabbed Nithila's arms and dragged her to a corner

Adhi grabbed Nithila's arms and dragged her to a corner. She pulled her arm out of his hold and glared.

"What are you doing here", he muttered. "I was invited. By the person who's performing herself". "Go away, Nila". "You go home, Adhi. Aaru wants me here. She had asked me several times. I can't break the promise I made to her".

Adhi rubbed his face with his palms in annoyance. "One more thing. Don't you dare touch me". Speaking what she needed, Nithila walked back to the chairs that were arranged for the audience.

"I can't believe you dragged me along", Dhruv grumbled while sitting on a chair. "I wouldn't have if Janavi was in town. Lavanya is out of the question", Nithila made herself comfortable. "More than boyfriend and girlfriend, Lavanya and Kartick look like twins". She laughed at his joke.

Diverting her attention to her phone, she was scrolling through Instagram. Dhruv jabbed her arm lightly a couple of minutes later. "Hey, is he staring at us"? "Who"? "Adhi".

Nithila's fingers stopped scrolling for a couple of seconds before she shrugged. "Don't bother". "There is no one else behind us. I'm sure he's staring at me". She sighed, looking up to see Dhruv was right.

"He's pissed that I'm here. He wants me to go home but he doesn't understand I won't", Nithila went back to using her phone. "Or maybe... he's upset that I am here". "Don't care. Aaru has no problem". Dhruv nodded to himself and looked away from Adhi.

"Nila"?

Nithila stood up and smiled at Mohanraj. "Hi, uncle". "Hi, ma. Aaru is asking for you, she's a little scared. Can you go and meet her"? "Oh. Okay. Where is she"? "See that door, go through it and take a left. The second room from there", he showed the open pathway on the left.

"Okay, thank you". Dhruv dragged himself along with her despite Nithila asking him to sit there. She entered the room Adhi's sister was in while asking Dhruv to wait outside.

"Hi", Aaruthira squealed, squeezing Nithila with a hug. "Hello, you look so beautiful". "You are more beautiful"! Nithila chuckled before awkwardly greeting Brinda who was smiling at her.

"I'm scared. What if I mess up my steps"? Nithila cupped the cheeks of the girl standing infront of her. "It's going to be alright. Think of the people in the audience as cardboards. Just focus on your steps and you'll do great".

"I'll do great", Aaruthira smiled hearing the words of encouragement. "Come, let's take a photo". Nithila pulled out her phone and took a selfie. "I'll be in the audience. Have fun". Aaruthira nodded with two thumbs up.

Nithila waved a bye to her and Brinda and turned to go out when an old lady walked in. "Paati, this is the Akka I was talking about"! Aaruthira held her grandmother's hand and pointed to her.

The older lady, Rasathi, narrowed her eyes at Nithila. "You're the one who fights with my grandson, aren't you"! Nithila felt her throat going dry not having anything to defend herself. And even if had any, the scrutinising glance thrown at her sealed her lips.