Chapter 4 || The Lie

The celebration went on with many dance and singing performances

The celebration went on with many dance and singing performances. The guys whistled, cheering for their female classmates as they danced energetically.

On one such performance, Harsh caught Adhi clapping his hands hardly with his eyes following Nithila. "Who are you clapping this much for", Harsh smirked. "Palak! Who else"! "Okay okay", he sang.

When it was Adhi and his friends' performance, Nithila was met by the same question by Janavi. "I'm just clapping for everyone", she managed with a diplomatic answer making Janavi snigger internally.

Few performances later, it was time for some awards. Harsh had gotten the Mr Joker award along with Janavi who got Miss Joker. "The next award, Miss Perfect goes too... Niharika"!

"Of course! The bimbo is so perfect", Palak spat in annoyance as she watched Niharika blinked her eyelashes rapidly with a surprise chuckle. "Adhi, I think your enemy will get either Miss Bookworm or nothing", Harsh purposely said while fixing his crown. "She'll get something related to dancing", he unintentionally fell for the trick question.

Harsh and Palak shared a look, silently giggling. The emcee grinned as she read the next name. "Of course the school's Mr and Miss Health Conscious got to be the two best friends! Adhi and Palak"!

Palak screamed in joy, cupping her mouth before hugging Harsh. Though she was met by the glare of the teachers standing there, she couldn't be bothered and went on hugging Adhi. "Let's go bro", she pulled him along to the stage.

Janavi watched her friend tug on the ends of her saree. "Don't they look good together", she mumbled in Nithila's ears. "No". Janavi nodded with a grin. She had seen the way her friend and Adhi were practically checking each other out before the party started. Being a good friend, she wanted to light some spark between them.

"She is Harsh's girlfriend. It would be wrong to date your best friend's girlfriend". Unknown to herself, Nithila clenched her fist tightly seeing the Mr and Miss Health Conscious on stage. "But what if they weren't? I think they'll make a good pair", Janavi knew she was hitting a nerve.

Nithila snapped her head towards her with glare, "enough"! Janavi nodded, trying very hard to hide her smile. It was so clear that her bestie was feeling somewhat possessive over her enemy. All she knew was, they had to talk it out or they will regret it for life.

"And Miss Dancing Diva obviously goes to Nithila"!

"I told you", Adhi gave a lopsided smile to his best friend. Harsh watched as he clapped his hands enthusiastically with a smile not leaving his face. He had to do something!

"Adhi"? "Yeah"? "Go talk to Nila", he said. The smile on Adhi's face slowly faded in shock. Was Harsh even in a right state of mind? "What are you even saying"? "Bro, everyone here except the both of you can see the glances you are throwing at each other. You have feelings for her, dude! Go clear it out before it's too late".