Chapter 8 || The Gossip

"Shit, I forgot my coat"! "Nila! Is it at home", Janavi sighed

"Shit, I forgot my coat"! "Nila! Is it at home", Janavi sighed. "No, it's in the class. You go ahead first. I'll go get it". Without waiting for any response, Nithila dashed through the corridors. Once she entered her class, she quickly took the coat out of her bag.

The coat however reached the floor as her body was slammed into the table behind. "Ouch", a harsh cry escaped her mouth when the pain shot up her back.

"You won't cheer for me, huh! You'll cheer for another guy but not for me"!

"Rajveer please. What do you want from me", Nithila yelled, frustrated with his behaviour. "Why can't you just accept my proposal and be my girlfriend, Nithila. I'll take care of you", Rajveer cupped her cheeks.

"Are you stupid", she pushed his hands away.

"Do you love someone"? "Just move, Rajveer"! "Answer my question. Do you love someone"? Nithila shook her head, desperately wanting to get out. Janavi was right. She should have brought this matter to the higher authorities.

"But my brother was saying you were with him. Alone in the library". "What I do with others is none of your business. Why don't you go ask your brother if you're so desperate to know", she tried moving through the small gap but Rajveer blocked it making her let out an angry sigh.

He let loose of his shoulders and asked, "why don't you talk to me properly, Nila? You're always angry when I talk to you". "Maybe because you can't take no for an answer. It's not that hard to comprehend", she rolled her eyes.

"So the problem is me? Is that what you're saying"? "Wow, you finally understood"! Grabbing the coat from the floor, she flounced off. "And also, do this again and I'll submit your name to the principal". Casting a disgusted look, she went off leaving him to suck his cheeks in embarrassment.

Unknown to her, Adhi and his group of friends were watching them from afar. All they knew however was Nithila walking in with a rush, Rajveer walking behind happily. A good ten minutes later, she walked out adjusting her tresses.

Those evidence were enough to point out that something was happening between the two of them according to Sakshi.

"I told y'all but no one believed me. Now you saw it with your own eyes. They are doing something inappropriate in the classrooms"! Palak shook her head. "It can't be. Nila is a brave person but she's not bold enough to do things like that in public".

"She's right, I think we are misinterpreting what we saw", Harsh peeked a look at his friend. Unbothered, Adhi continued typing his on his laptop. "You're not going to say anything", he nudged his shoulder.