18.

LUCILLE

Throughout these last few days, I have felt the happiest I have been in a very long time.

My werewolf and I have felt like making a move on him but at the same time I keep holding myself back from doing anything at every opportunity that presents itself, mainly because I suppose I'm afraid he might push me away and possibly be upset with me for even doing such a thing.

No! I need to make sure I fight my urges and not become nearly tempted as I have been lately.

Today we mainly stayed inside the cabin and ate some dinner while watching some movies while sitting a few inches away from each other.

Before we started another movie, I offered to refill his cup and grab some more snacks.

Then while waiting for some popcorn to finish popping in the microwave, I felt him walk up to me from behind and gently placed his hands on mine that were on the countertop.

Why so close? This has to be a dream. I must have fallen asleep during a movie and right now my brain is messing with me by having me dream this moment.

However, I soon realize this is not a dream as I feel his breath now on the back of my neck.

"Thorin..." I say.

I next feel his hand gently turn my head to look at him and slowly we move our heads closer until I feel his soft lips touch mine.

That was all it took. His lips touching mine as I turned around and wrapped my arms over his shoulders as I felt him grab my ass cheeks and lift me up onto the counter.

The kiss deepens with our tongues soon fighting dominance with each other and I grip onto his hair while he squeezes my thighs and has me wrap my legs around his waist.

This was it. Neither one of us could hold back what each other desired. I wanted him. He wanted me. His hands felt so good and his lips felt just as amazing.

Then suddenly, he stops and abruptly pushes himself away.

I could hear my wolf cry 'NOOOOO!!"

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He says while avoiding eye contact.

"It's okay, I want you to." I assure him while taking a few steps towards him until he stops me halfway, holding his  hand up.

"No!" He states and then finally looks at me. "There's something I have to tell you."

"What?" I ask.

He takes a moment and struggles to tell me but when he does, I am not sure I know how to react.

"I'm engaged." He tells me with guilt in his eyes.

There is no way he just told me what he did. He has found a new mate? The moment I allowed those words to sink in I finally replied, still unsure I heard him correctly.

"You have a mate?" I asked just to clarify one last time.

"I do. Her name is Rubi. We've been together for a while. We haven't marked each other yet, but in order for me to replace my father in the council, I need a mate. My pack needs a Luna." He states.

Although he is right about the pack needing a Luna, I still can not believe he is telling me what he is after we just kissed and....No! I am not going to cry.

"But Lucille, I...." He started to say something but I would not give him the chance.

Instead I just glared at him and stopped him from uttering another word.

"I don't want to hear it!" I replied while stepping back from him. "You need to leave."

"Lucille, please listen to me..." He pleaded again but I was not having it.

"I said, leave!" I snapped at him more assertively before walking off towards the bedroom and closing the door behind me as I started to cry hard and scream into my pillow.

How could I have ever been so stupid?! Why did I allow myself to get attached to him again, at least enough to allow myself to have him have this effect on me.

I never should have done this. My wolf is hurt and angry as much as I am and need to blow off some steam. So we immediately take off into the woods and run for hours until a little past midnight before returning, take a shower then go to sleep.

I am not going to allow myself to do that again. Just need to again focus on my reason for coming and then leave and never return. He is such an asshole.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)