1.

THORIN

There are many important events that happen in a wolf's life that defines their future. One of those important events is finding your mate.

Finding a mate especially for an Alpha who will soon be replacing their father's position as Head of the Wolf Council, such as myself is very important.

I have waited for a long time to meet my mate and could not wait until the day I did.

The majority of us meet our mates meet our mates when we are around the age of fifteen and sixteen years old. And when I was fifteen, I was one of the lucky ones who found mine.

Lucille was beautiful and funny. She was curvier and nothing like the other girls. In which is something I loved about her the most.

That was at least my thought up until we were going to make it official one night by marking one another and instead ended up being stood up.

I was embarrassed and extremely upset, so the next day, I tried confronting her and she had not showed up there neither. After hearing she felt ill, I went to check on her and throughout the few days that followed, I was not able to see her because she was ill.

That was until one day at school, she showed up and looked different than her normal bubbly self. I was so hurt and upset of her not talking to me after that night that I confronted her and tried keeping myself calm when talking but she didn't have much to say. Instead she decided it was best to just reject me.

Not too long after she rejected me, I had found out she ran away and was labeled as a rogue from then on out. In fact, I heard her family doesn't even like her.

I thought my entire world was over. Anything I was looking forward to was gone for good. I even believed I would never be able to replace my father in the Wolf Council. However, I was immediately reassured that I would be assigned another mate would come along as well as still have the chance to take my father's place.

I have not thought about her since and could not be happier.

I am now engaged with my mate, Rubi. She is a few years older than me but that is okay. I could not be any happier and know she will be a great Luna to my pack.

Today in particular, my Beta (aka Second In Command), Keanu, my Third in Command, Delta, and Bronx, were trying to help me figure a few things out before I took off to see my father and have him show me some more things.

"Things seem to be coming along, Alpha." Keanu states.

"Yeah. Finally. I've been waiting a long time for this moment and it feels good to know my father trusts me as much as he does." I agreed while nodding my head.

"Well, before you leave to meet up with your dad, there has been some sightings in the past couple of weeks with a couple rogues getting closer to our perimeters." Bronx stated.

"The past couple of weeks? Why hasn't anybody told me about it until now?" I asked.

"Because we had nothing much to tell. Whenever one of the guys would try to get them, they were gone. So far, we are only able to report that there are a few different scents that has been confirmed." He finishes telling me.

"See, THIS is the kind of information I need to know about as soon as they arise. I am going to meet up with my father right now, but when I return tonight, and of these rogues have returned, I do not care how it is done, but I want the rogue(s) caught and brought to me." I tell them.

"Of course." Keanu and Bronx both agreed.

"Good. And also, Bronx, I need for you to make sure that you get a cleaning crew in here by no later than tomorrow. Rubi returns from her trip and will be staying with us for a while." I remind them.

Although the guys don't necessarily hate Rubi, they still don't seem to be comfortable with her neither. I am hoping this way that they will give her a chance more by staying with us a while.

Rubi and I may have met just six months ago and sure our engagement two months afterwards seem sudden but, we both know this needs to happen and we both really do like each other, so it isn't as though we can't stand one another or anything. It's just....different.

Hey guys!! I hope you enjoy this new story idea and thank you so much for your patience and understanding and again, just being the best fans in the world!!!  Huuuge hugs and next chapter will be posted soon! :)