PROLOGUE

"Why did you come back?! Why couldn't you have just stayed the hell away and never return?! What did you even expect to have happen? Did you think that I would still be waiting for you after all these years?! You think I would even take you back after what you did?! Remember, YOU left me!" Thorin shouted.

"I know I did! And believe me I will always live with that regret. But if you would just listen to me as to why, then maybe...." I tried explaining again but instead, he cut me off.

"What?! We would pick up where we left off and then everything would be okay?! As if you didn't hurt me and rip my world apart?!" He snapped at me again.

I understand why he feels the way he does and it kills me deep inside knowing he still is hurt and upset. And also makes me think that maybe this was a mistake and that I should have never come back.

"You're right." I replied, finally giving in to defeat. "I was being selfish and foolish for ever thinking I could win you back and even hoping maybe you would understand more if I explained to you why I did what I did. But I see now that won't happen and I would never want to ruin your relationship with your new mate. I am truly happy for you and hope for nothing but the best. And I am sorry for everything." I tell him before walking towards the door.

Hey guys! I know this is a super short Prologue and you have all waited for sooo long now. I appreciate the patience and understanding. So hard with all this editing. However, everything is much better for me to be able to have more room to post chapters for this as often as before and still finish up the last of the editing for my next book to be published and so forth. So hope you all enjoy this story and will be posting another chapter to this in a minute (literally). Love you all! Huuuuuge hugs to you all!!