The Journal

Alex:

I sat on the bed closing all the windows and door. I opened the first book and started reading it. The writing was great. But I couldn’t read few words. It was all about the time of the war. The war, that happened years ago in this place. I read every page of the journal but the most interesting one was the last page.

Mr. Bennett stated…

I could see people running all around to save themselves. The enemies wanted us to drive away from our country. But we were not ready to do. Some bravely fought for their families and country. But the foes won the war and made us captivity.

They led us to the underground cells and made us to stay there. Children and women were sent to other cell and we don’t know what they are doing to them. We can only listen to their cries and screaming. Screaming like they were being dragged by someone.

Days passed. The women cries were decreasing. They gave us food everyday but they didn’t want us to step outside. We don’t know whether it is raining or sunny or snowing. It was always dark inside. There was fire inside to keep us warm.

One day I saw my daughter coming inside. She had the most beautiful face. Her beauty was brightened and she looked cheerful. She came smiling to me.

“Daddy you won’t believe this. I am so happy,” she smiled while radiating her smile inthe dark cells.

I sensed some trouble. I knew something was wrong. I looked into her eyes. I couldn’t believe that but her eyes were glowing. I touched her. She was very cold and hard. She looked at me.

“Daddy, don’t hate me please,” she looked me pleadingly. She knew how much I hate them then why? Why she has to do this?

“You are not my baby,” I said in a serious tone. She flinched at my tone.

“Don’t say that daddy,” she pleaded but I ignored her pleas.

“You can leave now,” I ordered her and turned awat from her. My daughter is dead.

She left me. Others came to me and asked whether I enquired about their families. I lied that she doesn’t know. They were sad and some started crying. But I began to understand what was happening there outside.

“When are they going to leave us? When?” one of them asked me.

“John we have to do something, we have to plan something,” Peter, my best friend requested me.

“We are helpless my dear Peter, they are much stronger,”

“You can’t say that, at least you know your daughter is alive,”

I looked at their helpless and pleading faces. They deserve their freedom and I must do something.

“HELPPPPPP”

I heard her screaming. I left the book and ran downstairs. She was standing in the middle of the hall with a stick in her hand. I ran to her. She looked worried.

“What happen?” I asked her.

She didn’t reply me. I laid my hand over her shoulder and shook her. Her gaze left something and met mine. Her lips were trembling and her eyes.... those beautiful eyes held my ground. She placed  her finger over lips and signalled to shut my mouth.

“Shush…. Don’t yell. Don’t scare it or else it will go inside,” she whispered.

I looked at her in confused way. What the hell she was saying about? She bend slightly down and concentrated to the corner along with aiming the stick.