It's the dream

hey after long gap... hope you enjoy it.. :)

..........................................................................................................

 I shivered because of two reasons—firstly because of the cold water that is rushing into my lungs, cutting into my skin like a knife and secondly because it’s midnight. I know its bad idea. A very bad idea.

Why on earth I ever thought of doing this? I can do this in broad daylight but no, for me I can’t possibly think about it. I closed my eyes and held my breath. But for how much time? I don’t know even that. How stupid of me!

Events rushed in my mind back to the time when I held the journal in one hand and phone in another hand, dialing it, hoping that he would pick it up. But never picked it. It’s went ringing on and on. Where the hell is he?

I wanted to give him the information and he is not there. The necklace. The yellow crystal necklace surrounded with the white pearls. Now can I even forget that beautiful necklace? I saw it once in the hands of my grandmother.

She was looking at it carefully and lovingly. But she never wore it. I asked her once about it but she refused to answer it. I never thought that for that necklace I would be risking my life. For whom? For my Alex. I sighed.

I travelled into the forest, walking through the never taken path where the grass is fully grown and bushes covering the whole place. It’s still 7 in the evening and I know I am walking through the right path. I memorized it when I came along with grandma. She didn’t tell me where we were going but she took me along. After walking for like one hour, it’s already became dark. I took the flashlight out and focused it.

From the far, I can hear the wolves howl and bird’s noises. Whom I am kidding? It’s forest after all. All I need is to travel to the huge lake in the middle of the forest. Carefully I walked without making any sound, hoping not to wake up any of the animals.

Finally I reached it. I flashed the light around, making it clear that it’s quite safe here. It looked the same, the large lake with some ruins of the building. I wouldn’t say it’s a building or something but I can guess it used to be something.

I took out my jacket and placed it and the flashlight on the ground. I took a deep breath. I closed my eyes. I remember the day when grandma made me sit here and she jumped into the lake saying that she was just swimming. She carried the necklace along with her and when she returned it’s not there. With one look, I jumped into the river. Damn it’s so cold.

I swam to the bottom of the lake. Odd smell hit my nose and small fishes travelled around me. I focused around the lake. The only light is coming from the above the surface, from the moon. Tomorrow is a full moon.

Kate….. Someone whispered my name. I quickly looked around but I couldn’t see anyone.

Kate, stop looking for that…. Again the voice echoed in my ears. Who is this? Why am I hearing those things?

Don’t worry dear, just leave from here….

I couldn’t open my mouth but I wanted to scream and tell who are you? Why should I leave?

You may not know me but I know you…. What is the purpose for finding that thing…?

Wait can you understand me? …. I thought in my mind.

Yes dear, I can. But please leave….the voice said more pleadingly.

I will go, for sure, only after finding the necklace… I thought in my mind.

No, you can’t. It’s dangerous. You shouldn’t take that out …. It sounded worried.

But I want it…. I want it for Alex… my eyes burned with tears only that it didn’t flowed.

Alex? Why? .... It sounded confused and I know it’s waiting for the story.

Wait… I thought and went to the surface. I gasped for breath and took a long breath and went down again. Suddenly I felt like breathing, breathing inside the water.

Kate, you can breathe now and tell me everything….. It said again.

I started narrating everything, the journal, about Alex’s entry into my life and everything that happened in past few days. I couldn’t believe that some much happened in just few days where my life changed, my past was clear and my future…. My future?

I didn’t know anything about it. I know I wanted to live with Alex, the only guy I ever loved and I will ever love.

But why Kate… you will be risking you life… it said after listening to every detail of my story.

It’s for Alex, for his only brother, for his family…. I sigh, thinking about him.

It didn’t reply me. It remained silent. What’s wrong? Did I do anything? I called for it. But now answer. I was about to move when a light source flashed from behind me. Slowly I turned back and saw a speck of light coming through the rocks. I swam to it, the light became more focused. I touched the rock; it slowly descended, reveling a cave. I moved back but some force behind me pushed me forward into the cave. I travelled the way guided by the light, I took turns and I finally reached the end with the huge wall.

Right there, I saw a box lying on the huge rock as if it was placed for that. I took and opened it. It’s the necklace. Yes, finally I found it. I smiled with excitement.

Remember to take care of it Kate….. It’s risky what you are doing but I know you are doing it for your love… it sounded with concern.

I will but who are you? I called for it, but again no reply. I waited but no, it’s gone again. Suddenly the water around me began to twirl, I couldn’t breathe, and I held the box tightly and closed my eyes.

The cold wind hit my body making me shivers. I slowly opened my eyes to see the dark sky above me. I turned my head to see the trees around me. How the hell did I came out of the water?

With great difficulty, I managed to sit. Taking heavy breaths making me feel alive; I remained on the ground in the sitting position. I opened the box and saw the necklace. It’s the same I saw in her hands. It’s so beautiful. I placed it again inside and stood up. I put my jacket on, placing the box inside my jacket and flashed the light.

Just then I felt someone behind me. I turned around to see no one. Again I heard the broken twig. May be some animal would be there. May be.

I turned to the same path I came and walked. But it’s too late. Standing in front of me, I saw a man watching me. He smiled at me and kept looking at me. Heat rushed inside me, I could feel the heart beat rising inside me making me even more shiver. He smiled widely showing his prefect teeth. He looked handsome, with pale skin and bright eyes. I saw him somewhere, somewhere in the bright light. Just then his smile vanished and replaced with anger. I took a step back and he walked forward.

It was then I realized where I saw him. It was my dream. I saw him there, in the same way.

“Ah, at last, I found you,” he said in a husky way and smirked.