Dilemma

Kate:

I sat on the bench of the park. Everything is filled with snow. There was no speck of greenery.  For the very first time I was worried. When I woke I still had the dream in my mind. I shut my eyes and again I could see the same scene. Every time I remember the same. I don’t know what it means. People say dreams tell us something. If really it is telling me something? I may have Alex in my dream because I see him everyday but what about the couple??? I never saw them. Then why?

I didn’t discuss about it with anyone. I feared and what if they don’t take it seriously.

Kate c’mon it’s just a dream…don’t worry. Be calm

It is the hundredth time I am saying this. I checked my time and started walking home. But when I touched the cold metal of my door it shot me. Then I remember what happened last time. His hands were very cold. No person can be that much cold. And his eyes, they are different. Why are they like that? Why he is so different? I shook my head to clear away my thoughts.

Kate if you think so much you will become mad…

I stepped inside. But what I saw inside was different, well actually shocking. Alex was in kitchen and cooking. I couldn’t believe that. Seeing Alex I forgot all my worries.

“Well well, what’s special,” I went to table and picked up the toast he made.

He signed. Actually he was waiting for my reaction. I was good…actually it was perfect.

“It’s so good, I never get so perfect,” I smiled at him.

“Years of practice,” I raised my eyebrows.

“You speak like you are doing it since childhood,”

“Maybe,”

“Then why not you do the breakfast everyday? So that I can relax,”

“No problem,” he smirked at me.

I think he is serious. Well why not give him a chance. I nodded and went to change myself. Speaking to Alex made me relax and I forgot about the dream. I wore a low hip jeans and white jumper. It’s quite transparent but I love it. This is London who cares what you wear… I added mascara to my eyes and took my bag and came down.

Alex also changed. But he wore shorts. I didn’t understand. He placed glass of juice for me. I drank it and went to kitchen.

“You are not going anywhere?”

“What made you think so?”

“Well with your dress…”

“Nice observation. Do you always observe like that?”

I don’t know what he is talking about. Generally I don’t observe much. But Alex made me observe things about him.

“Yes of course I observe everything,” I lied.

“Then your mind is not working today I think,”

Shit what is he talking? He was smiling cruelly. I don’t understand him. Our eyes met and we gazed for a long time. Suddenly he leaned towards me and whispered to me in very husky voice.

“If you observe so well, then why didn’t you observe your friend sitting on the couch?”

It hit me and suddenly I turned my face towards the couch. I saw Shelly standing there with confused expression. I know she understood everything. I was smiling at me and I know that expression very well. Now she will ask me lots of questions.

I turned my head towards Alex. He was still leaning towards me.

“I …. I should leave now. Have a nice day. Bye,” I stammered and hurried out dragging Shelly.