Strange Night

Kate:

“So you are actually sharing your house with a stranger?” Shelly was totally shocked when I told her about yesterday's events.

“He’s not a stranger dear. He’s my bro’s friend. He’s very decent.” I smiled when suddenly my mind flashed his face. 

“Aha… what more,” her tone went to different stage.

“He’s friendly, sweet, cute, handsome, hot….”

“Oh c’mon you found someone HOT?" Now she directly looked at me.

She doesn’t believe my every word. Well who will believe? I never praised anyone and didn’t say ‘hot’ to anyone. But he made me say that. I never dated, never been kissed and never loved any. Love doesn’t happen to me. Shelly was smiling but not actually smiling; she started making facing and made me blush. I couldn’t stop smiling. I turned around and went to counter. Business is the main thing I have to take care. Shelly went inside.

“Hey why didn’t you invite ‘the hot dude’ here?” she yelled from the kitchen.

Mr. John, who was regular customer, smiled at me when he heard the yell. It was so embarrassing. I smiled at him and made a hand gesture that she is little crazy. He laughed and left. I went inside to Shelly

“Will you stop shouting? There are customers outside,” I laid my hands on my hip and stared at her.

“Okay fine. But first answer me,”

“Well… actually I showed him our shop yesterday and invited. And I didn’t see him in the morning,”

“Lair!!! You didn’t invite him because if he comes you think he will fall for me, isn’t it?” she said so seductively that I glared at her. She smirked and raised her eyebrows.

“Please!!! Just shut up,”

She started laughing loudly. She was making me irritate. But it was true, oh not that falling part. I didn’t saw him since morning. When I woke up, I knocked his door but he didn’t open it. I thought he might be sleeping but when I called him for breakfast he didn’t answer. I opened his door but I didn’t see him inside. The bed was made like it was never used. I waited until I had to leave for my shop.

What does he thinks of himself? He lives in my house and he can’t just disappear without telling me.

“Kate, please take the bill,” James shake me.

“Oh, sorry, give me,” I took the bill and fill the counter.

“Where are you Kate? You are like day dreaming,”

I smiled at him, “it's nothing… just thinking about shop,” I lied. Actually I lied very well because he took it and nodded.

Today shop was full busy. There were lots of college students and businessmen. Today we have a small birthday party. It’s around 8 o’ clock. I have to plan about the party but no I have him in my entire mind. I couldn’t stop thinking of him. His smile, voice, the way he said my name, his eyes…. Wait his eyes were quite different. They were beautiful but something is there. I couldn’t make it.

Oh god, Kate come out, you have work to do…

I closed my eyes and took deep breathings. Now my mind was clear… liar. But still I have to pretend like that. I took the writing pad and started planning for party. The birthday party is for a 5 years old girl. We decorated with pink stuff and made her chocolate cake in shape of Mickey Mouse. It looked so cute. I was checking the final setting when Shelly came to me looking quite worried.