Brought to Light

Rebooting...

Rebooting...

Running Systems Check...

Self-Destruct Sequence: Deactivated

Powering On

"Assistant Steve?"

"...yes?"

"Please show me the last time you administered a sedative."

Computing...

Access Bloc- Override Activated

Video Feed Acquired:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01000100 01100001 01111001 00100000 00110001 00110110

01000011 01100001 01101101 01100101 01110010 01100001 00100000 00110001

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Assistant Steve?"

"Yes, Professor?"

Assistant Steve's mechanical eyes tint the dark room with a green hue that makes the Red Steve look brown. He's fiddling with his lab coat.

"Do we still have those healing supplies?" A brief pause in the conversation as Assistant Steve ran calculations.

"No, Professor." Beneath the lab coat, one of the Professor's legs was raised awkwardly off the ground. The one that was previously crushed under the cobblestone machine. The Red Steve hovered one hand over it, afraid to touch it.

"None at all?" A look of alarm. "I need this to heal, Assistant. The Red Leader is growing more and more agitated. I can't have an injured leg. Especially not if the non-steve is right. Could you go out to the kingdom and get me some?"

"My processors say that that would only raise suspicions. Additionally, my programming has forbidden me from interacting with Red Steves, to prevent kidnapping." The Professor cursed under his breath, running a hand over his goggles and through his messy red hair.

"Of all the times for the Leader's safeguards to get in my way- Can you teleport me up there yourself? I'll be quick!" Assistant Steve brought out a machine that looked like a little remote with only one button. However, his hand stalled in midair, warnings flashing across his screens.

"I cannot do anything that would put the Red Kingdom in danger." Assistant Steve grumbled. "Apologies, Professor Red."

"No... no. There has to be something I can do!" A feverish light shone in the steve's red eyes. "I can't be defenseless in here. Who knows what the Red Leader might do, not to mention that Green Steve!"

"I can protect you, Professor!" Assistant Steve said quickly. "I will not let them harm you."

"You can't stop the Red Leader, though. Your programming will override that." The Red Steve snapped back. "Come on, I just need some medical supplies! Maybe if..."

"Yes, Professor?"

"Assistant Steve, could you take me to that non-steve's home? The one the Red Apprentice always visits? I'm sure he has medical supplies. I've seen him with bandages." Calculations began to flash.

"Yes. Since it puts no Red Steves in-"

"No! You can't!" The voice was hoarse, but still clear. Both the professor and his robot turned to face the tired, anxious face of Green Steve. "The- the savior said not to leave!"