Meetings to Spare

The Sickness: Log Entry One

- 4 Stages:

     - Illness

     - Regression

     - Insanity

     - Disappearance

Illness:

This stage seems to progress like a normal steve illness, except it is without clear cause and seems to be untreatable by normal Green Steve methods.  Symptoms include, but are not limited to:

- Coughing

- Fever

- Chills

- Exhaustion

- Headache

- Dizziness

These symptoms tend to increase during the early stages of infection, while the steve's body struggles to fight it off.  As the infection progresses, these symptoms slowly die away.

Regression:

This is harder to spot, but tends to be a reversal in personality.  The steve will return back to an earlier version of their personality, whether for the better or for the worse.  Eventually, this takes another turn as their personality hones in on a specific weakness.  (For example, Galaxy Steve regressed to a childish state, while Alex became insecure and paranoid).  These weaknesses increase until the insanity point, where the steve is no longer functional.

Insanity:

The final observed stage of the sickness, where the steve is no longer coherent.  This stage results in partial to full amnesia, making it difficult for them to remember friends and family who might be of help.  Powers usually spiral out of control, and may even increase in power.  Steves in this stage become abnormally aggressive, even violent.

Disappearance:

Most details of this stage are unknown.  I have never seen a steve disappear myself, but I have heard of it from the sagian steves.  The infected seem to disappear without a trace.  Given that the sickness relates to energy, this might be destruction.  However, as it hasn't been confirmed that these steves end up in the Spirit World, I can't be sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 17

Sabre's P.O.V.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I let out a tired groan as my alarm chimes.  Unlike in my old world, the sound is made with a single note block, making it extremely repetitive.  The tiny device was gifted to me by Time Steve, so that I could always wake up on time, despite my insomnia.

Currently, I want to smash it into tiny pieces.

Instead, I roll out of bed, nearly falling to the wooden floor before I right myself.  I smack at the button on the alarm, making it stop.

...Why do I need to get up early again?

Oh right, the meeting.

After I missed the last one, I need to make sure I attend this one.  There's no reason to worry the leaders if I don't have to.  Besides, I have to make sure things run on time, or I'll be late for my meeting with M.