Chapter Eleven

Tim's eyes widen when he comes home to see his two fiancees in the living room. His brunette fiancee is sitting on the couch, surrounded by different types of flowers and wedding colors and fabrics and pictures of venues. Meanwhile, his ginger fiancee is sitting on the floor with forensic science textbooks and several practice exams all within reach.

"I see you two have had a productive day off" Tim notes.

When they took the day off, Tim practically begged them to just rest. Lucy has been so busy with wedding planning and Sadie hasn't been any better, studying for the detective exam. Alas, they did no such thing as rest, the word not being in their vocabularies.

Sadie has soundproof headphones on, so she doesn't hear her fiancee but Lucy does.

"do you want to have the wedding on a beach?" Lucy asks, for the millionth time.

"I don't mind the beach, preferably we would be in the shade on the beach" Tim shrugs.

"you've said that every time I ask" Lucy chastises.

"well, what did Sadie say?" Tim raises an eyebrow.

"she flipped me the bird after I asked her for the tenth time" Lucy answers.

"sounds about right" Tim nods. "now, why don't you just pick whichever one you want?"

"because it's all of our wedding" Lucy answers.

"in this particular case, neither Sadie or I care, you can pick whatever one you want" Tim insists, for the seventh time.

Lucy gives him a glare for not just picking for her but Tim rolls his eyes playfully. Sadie looks up from her computer, throwing a piece of paper at Lucy who catches it.

"The London West Hollywood?" Lucy asks, looking down at the piece of paper.

" 's a rooftop so it'll have the city scape that you want while also having a garden and flowers to make it more earthy like your mother wants" Sadie explains.

"you're amazing" Lucy exhales.

"you are" Tim nods, kneeling down next to Sadie's circle of study materials. "you're also overworking yourself"

"by studying?" Sadie questions.

"yes, you're mind isn't going to retain any of this if you don't give it rest" Tim explains, gently prying one of her textbooks away from her.

"I got her to take breaks today" Lucy assures him.

"good" Tim smiles, kissing Sadie's forehead. "do you need any help?"

"no, just analyzing some important paragraphs from a couple detective books I read" Sadie murmurs.

"okay, Nancy Drew" Tim grins. "whatcha want for dinner?"

"your salmon?" Sadie requests, sheepishly.

"coming right up, baby" Tim smirks, standing up.

[Time Skip]

"what's going on?" Sadie asks, entering the bridal shop where Lucy texted her 'sos'.

Sadie was on patrol with Harper, who was giving her parting advice before her detective exam tomorrow.

"shit, you got here quickly" Lucy curses, quickly running into the dressing room before Sadie can see her in the wedding dress.

"Mrs. Chen" Sadie sighs through gritted teeth, seeing Lucy's mom.

"Sadie" Mrs. Chen replies, condescendingly.

"you're helping Luce pick out her wedding dress?" Sadie asks, trying to be polite.