Chapter Eight

[Time Skip - Three Months]

"we're being silly" Sadie decides, talking to Lucy, as they anxiously await for Tim to come home.

"exactly, we're just being silly" Lucy agrees, but neither girls believes their words.

"I mean, just because he has a new rookie doesn't mean anything" Sadie continues.

"right, just because we're his former rookies and he's now dating us doesn't mean that he'll want to date this rookie" Lucy says.

"but he could" Sadie points out.

"He so could" Lucy sighs.

Sadie drums her fingers on the table. "what even was her name?"

"Emma" Lucy replies.

"Emma is a pretty name" Sadie muses.

"it is" Lucy nods.

"we could just tell him" Sadie suggests.

"but then we'll look jealous" Lucy argues.

"we'll look so jealous" Sadie agrees.

"we could pretend that we don't feel this way" Lucy says.

"but then he'll eventually find out and get mad at us for not communicating our emotions with him" Sadie counters.

"damn it" Lucy curses.

"god" Sadie groans, putting her head in her hands.

"maybe we could just... like, leave subtle hints" Sadie muses.

"he's too busy to notice subtle hints" Lucy answers.

"yeah, you're right, he's so busy" Sadie complains. "I'm so happy for him getting the Metro job and all of that, but we barely see him anymore"

"plus with his new rookie..." Lucy sighs.

"so what do we do?" Sadie asks, looking up at Lucy from across the table. 

"make out and try to make him jealous" Lucy suggests.

"he doesn't get jealous when we kiss" Sadie replies. 

Lucy sends her a playful glare. "well maybe I was just suggesting it so we could make out" 

"I wanna make out" Sadie perks up.

"it's too late" Lucy teases, standing up and grabbing their plates.

"Lulu" Sadie whines. "I want kisses."

"well aren't you just a needy little thing?" Lucy laughs.

Sadie pouts, walking over to Lucy and kissing her.

"and impatient" Lucy teases, separating the kiss.

Her hands go to Sadie's ass and Sadie gets the hint, jumping up and straddling Lucy's waist while Lucy carries her to the couch. 

When Tim gets back home from training Emma, he finds his two girls fast asleep on the couch. Sadie in Lucy's lap. Tim can tell they were kissing before dozing off at some point. He shakes his head in amusement, taking off his shoes. He picks Sadie up, who makes some mumbling noises before melting into him. With his other hand, he picks Lucy up too and carries them to their bedroom. 

Tim sets the two girls down on the bed before getting changed into pajamas. When he lays down, Lucy moves a little to cuddle slightly into him while Sadie manages to maneuver herself on top of both of them, being their clingy blanket.

[Time Skip - Two Days Later]

"so... making out didn't work" Lucy sighs at dinner with Sadie but no Tim.